POSITION: Campaign Officer
STATUS: 1.0 FTE
REPORTING TO: Director, Strategic Partnerships
LOCATION: home-based, in Canada
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) brings together more than 100 Canadian organizations that are actively engaged in health programs for women and children in over 1000 communities around the world. CanWaCH plays a leadership role in facilitating collaboration among Canadian partners by capitalizing on the data revolution, connecting experts, and communicating impact to stakeholders. Through the power of partnership, we strive to realize a world where women, children, and youth survive and thrive.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Campaign Officer is a key member of the Women Deliver 2019 Mobilization Canada Secretariat, housed within CanWaCH. The Campaign Officer will support the work of the Secretariat by providing administrative and project support.
This position is home-based with some travel required. CanWaCH operates using a “virtual office” with regular set hours from a home office setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and logistical support to enable the work of the Women Deliver Mobilization 2019 Canada Secretariat including:
- Coordinate the production and distribution of Steering Committee reports, agendas, minutes, and associated documents.
- Plan and organize events as required.
- Provide ad hoc project support to the Director of Strategic Partnership.
- Leadership of some aspects of campaign projects. This could include but is not limited to:
- stakeholder mapping
- In conjunction with the Senior Communications Officer, managing some production and dissemination of campaign resources and materials.
- Create tools to evaluate the impact of the Women Deliver 2019 Mobilization Canada campaign by tracking campaign projects and activities, as well as measuring engagement of Mobilizers.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in international development, women’s studies, political science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a professional level in international development administration, finance or administrative services.
- Bilingualism in French and English (required).
- Advanced research and writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize work with competing deadlines.
- Advanced customer service, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to update knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in international development and non-profit organizations
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Commensurate with experience.