Head of Fundraising and Marketing Operations
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
This position joins a growing and evolving team. Reporting to the Director, Direct Marketing, the Head of Fundraising Operations contributes to budgeting and business planning across all Resource Development portfolios, facilitating processes and helping to deliver business insights to support strategy development. Oversees the donor CRM, data analytics, gift processing and donor care. This role will work closely with portfolio owners across Resource Development, as well as cross-functionally with the VP Operations, Finance leads and other business unit owners as required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Business Intelligence & Planning
- In collaboration with the Director, Direct Marketing, Head of Partnerships & Philanthropy (Head of P&P), and Chief Development Officer (CDO), contributes to the budget and planning process for Resource Development by working with the Fundraising & Marketing Analyst to deliver recommendations to fundraising leads, translating data insights into strategy.
- Provides direction and oversight to Fundraising & Marketing Analyst on reporting and analytics needs for all fundraising portfolios.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to maximize performance and optimize spend across all fundraising portfolios and channels.
- Acts as a central support for Resource Development by liaising with Finance leads and the VP Operations.
- Provides best practice and strategic recommendations on reporting across all areas of Resource Development.
- Supports in the development and implementation of donor journeys across all fundraising portfolios and channels.
- Working with key stakeholders, contributes to the formation of the donor care and retention strategy for all donors at Save the Children. Ensures that donor care and retention targets are met by the team.
- Develops clearly defined metrics of success, supporting relevant data collection and reporting.
- Operations & Stakeholder Management
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of Resource Development operating systems, processes and activities with key legislation and regulations, including – but not restricted to – CRA, PIPEDA, PCI, CASL and Imagine Canada.
- Establishes and monitors service levels. Manages escalated donor-related and internal issues and inquiries.
- Manages vendor relationships relative to CRM platforms and gift processing/receipting.
- Acts as the lead on relevant projects or assignments (e.g. CRM, compliance reviews).
- Works collaboratively with Director, Direct Marketing, Head of P&P, CDO and Finance on an ongoing basis to support timely reporting and data reconciliation across systems.
- Proactively identifies gaps processes, proposing and implementing solutions where needed.
- Contributes to the annual financial audit by providing requested reports and/or relevant documentation.
- Acts as a central support for procurement needs within the Resource Development department where appropriate or required.
- Supports emergency fundraising across business units when required.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Donation Processing
- Serves as the primary administrator of Save the Children’s CRM databases and fundraising platforms (currently Blackbaud and AKA Raisin with a migration underway to Salesforce NPSP). Ensures integration across systems to optimize data capture, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Leads on all CRM-related initiatives within Resource Development, engaging relevant stakeholders across SCC as required.
- Oversees all aspects of gift entry and management of donor data across all platforms.
- Maintains policies relating to data governance, processes and business rules.
- Works with the Fundraising & Marketing Analyst and Database Coordinator to ensure all internal and external data interfaces are tested routinely; responsible for troubleshooting when required.
- Acts as the liaison between Resource Development and Finance regarding donor data management (e.g. data clean-up, legal/compliance considerations).
- Reviews and recommends updates to database coding structure to track donations by source, channel type, fund, appeal, campaign, etc.
- Ensures that key staff are trained on the proper use of relevant CRM platforms.
- People Management
- Leads a team that includes the Fundraising & Marketing Analyst, Database Coordinator and Donor Relations representatives; specifically:
- Provides direction to the Fundraising & Marketing Analyst to support business intelligence needs;
- Supports the Database Coordinator in the administration of all CRM platforms; and
- Leads the Donor Relations team, establishing guidelines and providing ongoing coaching relating to donor communication and gift management.
- Oversees the team’s workflow, helps to set and adjust priorities, and troubleshoots where needed.
- Sets clear objectives and expectations for the team, providing ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Active member of SCC’s People Management team, participating in all trainings, etc.
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management within the team.
WHAT YOU BRING
In order for you to carry out these duties, we believe that you are brining the following education and sets of skills.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in operations, CRM management, fundraising, marketing, data analytics or equivalent.
- Education, training and/or certification in a related field such as marketing, business management, fundraising or equivalent.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred, ideally in a fundraising and/or marketing context.
- Technical skills should include:
- Data-savvy with an understanding of fundraising and basic accounting principle.
- Experience in budget management.
- Fundraising/CRM systems experience (Blackbaud and Salesforce knowledge preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of database architecture.
- Data cleansing, quality control and maintenance knowledge.
- Experience with business intelligence tools an asset (e.g. Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including formulae, pivot tables and charts).
- Passionate and dedicated manager of people with a track record of leading high-performing teams.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills, able to effectively tackle complex problems and work with key stakeholders to implement solutions.
- Effective communicator, able to clearly summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solver who works collaboratively to identify gaps in data, systems and processes, proactively proposing solutions.
- Process-driven and solutions-focussed.
- Able to adapt to changing needs and circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities concurrently alongside ad hoc projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
This position salary range between $ 91,555 $ 108,135 CAD depending on skills and experience. In addition to this, our employees will have the following package of additional benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your dependents available in three months after employment.
- Hybrid workplace and flexible work hours to support employee wellbeing and productivity.
- Coordinated benefits for your partner paid by Save the Children Canada.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program services available to you and your dependents from your first day of employment.
- Discounted rate for a GoodLife membership.
- Organization-wide membership with Headspace.
- 3 weeks of annual leave.
- In addition to annual leave, we offer a December 24 – January 1 office closure (SAVE Days) so we can all recharge simultaneously.
- Paid 3-day-personal days.
- Paid 2-day-float days.
- Paid 10-day-sick leave.
- Parental leave top-up.
- Employer contributions to group pension plan.
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training.
We are committed to a transparent recruitment process with approximate timelines for the various stages in the process so that you can plan and manage expectations as you navigate your job search.
- Application collection: February 2, 2023 onwards
- Preliminary Discussions with Human Resources: Week of February 20, 2023
- Interviews with the Hiring Manager & Hiring Panel: TBD
If you are interested in this position, please visit https://www.savethechildren.ca/ and submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501