HEALTH AND MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST
HealthBridge is looking for a dynamic, team player with a strong background in health and M&E in a global context, as well as expertise in research design and data analysis. The Specialist will provide technical and programmatic input to our work in health, monitoring and evaluation, and other areas to be identified. The Specialist will also identify and develop new opportunities for projects, programs, and partnerships, and contribute to the growth and development of HealthBridge.
The Specialist will play a leadership role in supporting partner organizations to develop and implement evidence-based strategies for improving the delivery and utilization of sexual, reproductive, maternal and child health services in targeted communities. The Specialist will also lead the monitoring and evaluation of projects in Bangladesh, Nepal and Vietnam, and will contribute to drafting materials to disseminate project achievements and lessons learned to the global health community. In addition, the Specialist will support other activities in M&E, health and nutrition to ensure the excellence of HealthBridge’s work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Specific project support:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Bangladesh: HealthBridge and partners are launching a 5-year global health project focused on improving sexual and reproductive health and rights in urban slum settlements in Dhaka. The target population includes adolescents, unmarried women, and garment factory workers. The Specialist will act as the lead M&E expert for designing the baseline assessment, midline and final evaluation of this project, including developing indicators, designing survey tools, overseeing implementation of M&E and analyzing and interpreting results.
- Adolescent Reproductive Health in Nepal and Vietnam: HealthBridge and partners are launching a 4-year global health project focused on adolescent reproductive health and reducing child marriage in Nepal and Vietnam. The Specialist will provide guidance on project monitoring and evaluation, including analyzing and interpreting results.
Other tasks will include:
- Develop indicators for measuring results and outcomes focusing on SRHR and gender equality.
- Coordinate with appropriate authorities and oversee the ethics approval process.
- In Bangladesh, provide training, technical support and oversight to local data collectors.
- Write baseline assessment, midline and final evaluation reports.
- Provide technical advice to implementing teams on evidence-based strategies to improve the delivery and utilization of health services, based on locally identified needs and priority issues.
- Provide training and support to overseas implementing teams, as needed.
- Provide support to overseas implementing teams with research design, implementation, and monitoring of project outcomes, including developing data collection tools, as needed.
- Lead project evaluations, including providing technical advice on research design, tool development, data management and data analysis.
- Draft reports and journal articles, and summarize key findings to disseminate project results to the global health community.
- Provide written updates on projects and programs for the website and other organizational communications.
- Identify new funding opportunities and develop new project ideas in health, in collaboration with partner organizations.
- Represent HealthBridge at meetings and conferences as required.
Reports to: The Executive Director
- Graduate degree in global health, epidemiology or a relevant discipline. PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical expertise on M&E and health projects implemented in developing countries.
- Expertise in quantitative or qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of best practices for conducting research with marginalized groups and adolescents.
- Expertise in research sampling design, survey development, data analysis and data management.
- Demonstrated proposal writing ability.
- Ability and willingness to travel to developing countries.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and work effectively with individuals and teams in other cultures.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience working on sexual, reproductive health in Bangladesh; experience in Nepal or Vietnam.
- Familiarity with Global Affairs Canada Results Based Management tools and procedures, including Gender-based analysis plus (GBA+).
- Background or experience in international nutrition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health system strengthening.
- Experience using direct data capture method
- Experience with Performance Measurement Frameworks
Oral and written fluency in English essential. Capacity in other languages is desirable; Bengali is an asset.
Strong writing skills. Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel. Proficient managing and analysing data using software such as SAS, SPSS,R or NVivo. Flexibility to work outside regularly scheduled hours on occasion.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation range $68,000 – $75,000/annually commensurate with experience and ability. HealthBridge offers an excellent health benefits plan. This position is in Ottawa but could be remote under exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae along with a cover letter and availability date no later than June 13, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HealthBridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age or disability.
HealthBridge is a non-profit, non-governmental Canadian organization working to improve health and health equity through research, policy, and action, particularly in developing countries. We aim to improve the health of people living in vulnerable situations, including those at risk of malnutrition, infectious disease, and emerging epidemics. We work with local partners to identify and bridge gaps in public health, by developing and implementing appropriate solutions, innovative and sustainable practices, and promoting effective policies. HealthBridge has a dynamic and dedicated team in Ottawa and overseas, and offers a supportive and creative work space. This position is ideal for someone wanting to improve global health and SRHR with an organization that values its people and its mission.
For more information, please click here!