ReImagine17 Summer Internships
ReImagine17 (RE17) was founded out of the need — and youth-driven inspiration — to create spaces for
more cohesive action and spur institutional change in post-secondary institutions that would give room for youth to be involved in sustainable development. In doing so, we aim to become stewards for ambitious, holistic, and transformative SDG engagement among student groups and institutions in a national setting.
We’re hiring and we want you to help us build and grow RE17 from the ground up. Successful candidates will work with a high degree of independence and make valuable contributions to a growing non-profit alongside experienced student leaders. Each position will be full-time (30 hours/week). Let’s keep this simple:
- Passionate about and engaged with the SDG framework.
- Interested in working at the intersections of sustainability, higher education, and community engagement with a focus on youth.
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Highly organized, with a penchant for solving problems.
- Moved by the opportunity to learn and apply your knowledge in novel, creative ways.
- A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or a Refugee. Unfortunately, due to the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs subsidy, we are unable to hire international students at this time. We recognize how talented you are and we’re currently searching for ways around this dynamic.
- We are currently recruiting for a number of summer internships (May-August). Apply by 25 March 2022 at https://bit.ly/RE17CSJ2022. Please note that these positions are contingent upon funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program.
What you get:
- Paid, full-time work (30 hours/week, $16/hour).
- Work with a high degree of independence.
- Play an instrumental role in supporting the growth of a non-profit.
- Network with SDG student leaders and organizations throughout Canada.
- Work up to 2 hours/week with a secondary project team of your choice: advocacy (research), administration, programming, communications, strategic partnerships.
- Diversity—we strive to create inclusive and equitable spaces for dialogue and collaboration towards the SDGs.
- Daring—we value a moonshot approach and like to think outside the box.
- Dedication—perseverance, resilience, grit. We pride ourselves on finishing what we start.
- Friendship—we commit to building healthy, supportive communities where our members thrive personally and professionally.
Interested? View the specific job descriptions and apply here. Questions regarding each position should be directed to [email protected]. Please be specific, clear and concise in your inquiries, thank you!