Are you passionate about diversity, inclusion and positive social transformation?
Do you enjoy applied research and facilitating meaningful conversations?
Do you want to grow in your intercultural communication skills?
If yes, we invite you to apply for our summer internship position at SEASONOVA.
SEASONOVA offers consulting services for governments and not for profit organizations with a focus on intersectionality including GBA Plus, and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the functional areas of: research, monitoring and evaluation, policy and program analysis, and adult education with a particular focus on participatory learning and experiential approaches.
SEASONOVA’s approach is underpinned by a commitment and belief that good public policy is rooted in evidence and is both inclusive and participatory. This approach is solutions-based, relevant and accountable. We aim to support the development and implementation of people-centric policies, programs and services, and agile and equitable systems.
The Research Support Officer intern reports to the CEO/Principal Consultant and will be assigned new research projects as well support existing research projects with the team. The intern will also have an opportunity to learn how to design courses and provide presentations based on the research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research
• Complete literature reviews or environmental scans
• Collect, read, and summarize relevant academic and grey literature
• Complete / format annotated bibliographies and references
• Create questions for surveys, key informant interviews, or focus groups
• Organize/Facilitate focus groups or interviews
• Engage in data clean up and analysis
• Analyze and summarize research results in various formats such as presentations, briefing notes, memos/backgrounders, infographics, tables and charts, blog posts, newsletter entries, or a research paper
• Develop and present research findings including the development of asynchronous or synchronous courses, or microlearning videos
• Perform other related, ad-hoc duties as required such as: attend staff meetings, complete professional development training, attend mentoring sessions, connect with stakeholders.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Completed post-secondary education (graduate studies an asset) in social science, statistics, or management
• Strong research skills with background in quantitative or qualitative research
• Familiarity with APA
• Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and the Google Workspace
• Some experience with either Adobe or Canva
• Strong written communication and analytical skills
• Reliable and able to work independently or in a team
• With intercultural skills and values diversity and inclusion
• Fluency in English (French is an asset)
• Can complete deliverables on time
• Remote work – must have own access to a computer and reliable internet
• Business casual, Monday to Friday
• Flexible working hours
• Pro-longed periods of sitting, computer use
• Minimal physical effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions
• Must be able to work respectfully under pressure, and to multi-task
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANADA SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM:
• Must be between 18 and 30 years of age
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• Not a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
• International students are not eligible participants.
• For more information about Canada Summer Jobs: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth
SEASONOVA strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to these principles, as well as to contribute to the response to Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action. We work from a place of respect and restoration.
Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Position Type: Internship
Duration: Fixed term for 8 weeks
Rate: $18.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay and $25 internet allowance per paycheque
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Number of Positions to Fill: 1 position
Application: Open until filled
To apply: Send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
juin 2, 2022
juin 13, 2022
Partager cette publication: