The tables trackÂ progress on Canada’s key international assistance commitments in three categories:
- Commitments in support of a specific sector
- Commitments relating to increased country focus for international assistance efforts
- Commitments specific to a country or region
The tables track which commitments are completed, are on target or are off target.
Some commitments are specific to international development, and some are whole-of-government approaches that include other government departments.
Canada’s key international assistance commitments do not constitute legally binding obligations nor are they legislated.
Keep in mind that:
- These table areÂ updated twice a year. If citing it as a reference, please note the date of the version used.
- Each commitment contains important notes, including links to related public announcements and other reference material.
- The commitments are outlined by fiscal year (April-March), with the exception of two: Food Aid Convention, which is outlined by crop year (July-June) and Top 5 bilateral donor status, which is outlined by calendar year (January-December).
- If the year is qualified by « Preliminary », it means that the figures may change following further quality assurance.