- Cet évènement est passé
CREA Alumni Talks: Bring People In
10 décembre 2021 @ 7:30 - 9:00
This Human Rights Day, CREA Institute alumni from around the world will gather to discuss their campaigns for inclusion over the last year, in the wake of a global pandemic. They will share lessons learned and talk about ways in which they are practicing inclusion in their own work.
We invite you to join us on Friday, 10 December 2021 from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST (7:30 AM – 9:00 AM EST) for a virtual discussion around CREA alumni work to « Bring People In. »
Join us to dialogue, learn, and share your own lessons on inclusion!
Our speakers –
– Tehani Ariyaratne, Chief Operations Officer of Fearless Collective, and feminist researcher working in South Asia
– Minerva Valenzuela, Mexican actress and writer of cabaret shows, and a member of the sex workers’ movement
– Johannah-Rae Reyes, Social Media Manager at WOMANTRA, in Trinidad and Tobago, working at the intersection of disability and LGBTIQ+ rights
– Manjula Pradeep, Dalit women’s rights activist and founder of WAYVE foundation for the leadership of marginalized women and young people in India
– Valentina Vargas Ricca, activist for the rights of women with disabilities, and co-founder of Guatemala’s first collective of women with disabilities and allies
The event is open to all but pre-registration is required. Zoom details will be shared with you once you have signed up!
The event will be conducted primarily in English. Closed captioning in English, and Hindi and Spanish language interpretation will be provided. Kenyan and Indian Sign Language interpretation will also be available. Additional preferences can be indicated during registration.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions, or if you cannot access the sign-up form.