- Cet évènement est passé
Vaccines Bring Us Closer: A discussion on taking action to end the COVID-19 pandemic
avril 27 @ 5:00 - 6:00
Join us for this webinar to mark World Immunization Week!
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of vaccines as one of the great scientific innovations of our time. To end the pandemic, the majority of the world needs to be immune to COVID-19 and the safest way to achieve this is with a vaccine.
With all eyes on vaccines, World Immunization Week 2021 offers an opportunity to build support for immunizations and to learn more about what it will take to vaccinate the world. Vaccines can bring us closer to ending the pandemic, and will allow us to be physically closer again to one another.
– Mark Brender, National Director of Partners In Health (PIH) Canada
– Dr Rosamund Lewis, Head, WHO Smallpox Secretariat, WHO Emergencies Programme. Infodemic Management, COVID-19 global response team.
– Rowena Pinto, Chief Program Officer, UNICEF Canada
Here is what you can expect to learn:
– Why Canada must support the TRIPS intellectual property waiver tabled at the World Trade Organization
– What it will take for countries around the world to be ready to deliver mass COVID-19 immunization campaigns
– What is vaccine hesitancy, why it’s cause for concern, and what can be done to combat misinformation
– How you can take meaningful action to support vaccine equity and uptake
There will be time to interact with other participants, plus a question and answer period to wrap it all up. We hope you will leave feeling motivated to take action for vaccine equity.
*Disclaimer: This 1 hour webinar is in English only. Recording will be available in English.
This webinar is part of Results Canada’s interactive series of webinars organized throughout the year that will equip you with the skills to be an active advocate for eradicating poverty worldwide. Whether you’re new to advocacy or a seasoned volunteer, you will benefit from topics following two broad streams: skills expansion and issues knowledge.