Digital Communication Specialist
Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For 35 years, CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with Indigenous Nations and communities in Canada, to deliver community-led programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Specialist is a core member of the Development and Communications team at CFTC. The Digital Communications Specialist manages CFTC’s digital platforms, including social media, website and email marketing with MailChimp. They also support the fundraising team in creating digital content to support their goals (including blog posts and simple graphics with Canva) and assisting with writing and developing donor proposals and reports.
- Execute the organization’s annual editorial calendar as it relates to social media and email marketing activities/opportunities
- Execute CFTC’s social strategy, including developing social campaigns in collaboration with e-marketing lead.
- Write, format and publish blog posts on the website
- Source and create digital assets for both web and social use
- Support in writing and editing online and offline publications and fundraising collateral as required, including supporting the Leadership Giving team.
- Monitor media, social mentions, and influencer activity to identify trends and recommend online strategies to capitalize on them to position our brand
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to advance organizational initiatives
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
- A degree in a related discipline. A post-graduate certificate or ongoing development experience in areas of digital marketing or communications would be considered a strong asset
- 1-3 years of digital content development and/or marketing experience, preferably within a non-profit setting
- Experience using MailChimp for email marketing is required for this role.
- Experience in fundraising communications role is an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of content management systems and social scheduling tools
- Basic design savvy using Canva or Adobe Creative Suite products
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills in English
- Understanding of ethical storytelling principles would be a strong asset
- Some familiarity with the international development sector, food security, and Indigenous food sovereignty issues in Canada would be a strong asset
- Some familiarity with CRMs (Raisers Edge), Google Analytics and Facebook advertising would be an asset
- Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team members both internally and externally
- A positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility and a high degree of initiative
- Commitment to Canadian Feed The Children’s vision, mission, and values
- Eligible to work in Canada and be located in Canada during the time of your contract.
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit this page.