Director, Digital & Community Engagement
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Development Officer, the Director leads the strategic planning and implementation of supporter growth and acquisition using direct response channels including face-to-face marketing and digital engagement. Is responsible for attracting new supporters and raising financial resources from them. Gives direction to all aspects of digital marketing and oversees the organization’s digital presence. Oversee creative development and implementation of Children Believe fundraising appeals to new donors and audiences. Plans and runs annual branding campaigns to drive brand awareness together with Director, Strategic Communications and Director, Donor Engagement.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Increase revenue and grow net contribution in support of social impact growth through the acquisition and retention of monthly and single gift donors.
- Develops, leads and implements CB’s Digital Strategy – including Social Media Strategy
- Leads the D&CE marketing team. Coaches, develops and counsels staff, to identify and resolve problems, optimize employee morale, motivate staff and ensure effective strategies and activities are carried out.
- Responsible for the management of external vendor and agency relationships and contracts within the realm of the position (Digital, Advertising and Brand agencies); selects and negotiates contracts and manages relationships including providing adequate resources, producing detailed project outlines and performance monitoring.
- Leads the development and implementation of the annual mass market acquisition and supporter growth plan.
- Identifies issues or variances from income/expense plans, and takes corrective actions.
- Develops/enhances and manages a diverse range of donor acquisition programs and campaigns.
- Leads in the delivery of the organization’s consistent brand message, style and experience across all mass fundraising channels; ensures compliance to brand and corporate identity guidelines for all prospect/donor/sponsor materials.
- Ensures key stakeholders have been consulted in the approval process for fundraising. materials. Accountable for accurate and effective content across all CB’s digital presence and all mass marketing acquisition materials.
- Champions collaboration by ensuring effective and regular communication with internal stakeholders to maximize optimum process and information flow.
- Creates detailed annual plans and budgets for new supporter acquisition activities. Monitors performance against budget, and reports any significant income or expense issues. Produces regular Digital and Community Engagement related financial/performance reports.
- Monitors fundraising sector developments including legislative changes and keeps abreast of the Canadian fundraising and charitable climate.
- Comply with all Children Believe policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- University degree in marketing or business administration or relevant field;
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in fundraising or marketing including a minimum of 4 years in a managerial role – preferably in a child sponsor-based organization using a diverse mix of marketing vehicles including DRTV, direct mail, telemarketing, door-to-door, and online tactics;
- Excellent knowledge of database marketing principles, integrated marketing with a focus on digital marketing;
- Managing vendor/supplier contracts and relationships;
- Track record of success in effectively leading high-performing fundraising and marketing teams with demonstrated skills and experience in project management;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence including the ability to network, collaborate, and build relationships;
- Compelling verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to influence;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities; results-oriented, deadline-driven;
- Understanding of development issues and how they pertain to child-centred community development;
- Understanding of PIPEDA and compliance issues;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and in the use of donor database software to extract information and perform advanced analysis;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe’s values, mission, and vision.
Location: The office is located at 1200 Denison Street, Markham, ON. Staff are currently working from home with some flexibility on in-office activity until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
To apply for the “Director, Digital & Community Engagement” position, please visit https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/