Donor Engagement Associate
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children live and dream fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Donor Engagement Associate
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Engagement, the Donor Engagement Associate(DEA) is focused on providing outstanding customer service, the employee will represent Children Believe as the first point of contact in most interactions with our existing or potential donors including inbound/outbound telephone calls, emails and other correspondence. The employee will be required to increase donor giving through fundraising/upselling, where appropriate and possible. The DEA is also responsible for enhancing and enriching the relationships between donors and Children Believe, this may include sending personalized correspondence, phone follow-up and emails. Through active listening and call management skills, s/he must be equipped to manage calls that may be difficult or sensitive in nature. The position will also support other members of the Donor Engagement team and as such, h/she must possess strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as possess a “can do” attitude to help drive results of the team.
This role includes, but not limited to:
1. Respond to Inbound Donor Requests and Inquiries by Phone (45%)
- Process donations, information updates, email, payment updates and information requests coming in to Children Believe from donors. This includes setting up new donor records, processing gifts and generating general donor correspondence.
- Respond to all donor requests, and address all donor interactions with a view to providing best in class customer service and increasing donor retention rates. Fundraising and cultivating giving where appropriate based on KPIs outlined on the yearly goals.
- Achieve departmental Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators, as outlined by the Manager.
- Adhere to quality assurance programs for call management, correspondence and data accuracy.
- Pro-actively problem-solve any donor concerns with a “one & done” philosophy.
- Improve donor retention by ensuring donors are offered alternatives to cancellation and identify opportunities for donor retention based on KPIs outlined on the yearly goals.
- Ensure interactions are recorded and accurate in all donor accounts for any contact with a donor (whether phone, email, and other correspondence). This includes recording remittance of payments, income tax receipts, documenting conversations, uploading emails or donor supplied documents
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of all Children Believe Business Rules and follow accordingly.
- Upon discovery of errors, process appropriate adjusting entries per Children Believe business rules and/or escalate as appropriate.
- As required provide donor income tax receipts per donor preference and within Children Believe business rules and CRA requirements.
- Assist other team members when necessary
- Create and ensure prompt follow up to any donor inquiries
2. Perform Outbound Calls for donor engagement and acquisition (45%)
- Completed outbound calling as assigned by Manager. This may include calls for, donor welcome, stewardship, cultivation, retention or fundraising activities.
- Maintain current outbound calling KPI and SLA standards
3. Other: (10%)
- Be fully cross-trained and perform competently all donor engagement tasks and provide back-up to other team members including Reception.
- Review processes and recommend improvements/changes to Manager or Trainer as appropriate.
- Comply with all Children Believe policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- High school diploma and or post-secondary diploma in related discipline.
- 3 years’ front line customer service experience in a demanding inbound/outbound call centre with an understanding and ability to, steward, cultivate, retain and influence giving decisions of donors and prospects
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, event fundraising or sales an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; knowledge of customer service best practices with a ‘donor first’ and a “one and done” approach to meeting demands
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and interpersonal skills
- Business writing skills; ability to draft/edit correspondence
- Experience in complaint management
- Demonstrated experience researching problems, resolving issues and communicating solutions
- Computer skills – accurate and fast keyboarding skills (min. 55 words per minute); intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook; aptitude to learn new technology knowledge of databases
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology issues
- Exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy in donor interactions
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new system procedures as they are introduced
- Ability to work overtime and flexible daytime hours as required
- Some knowledge of international development an asset
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset
- Commitment to Children Believe ‘s Vision, Mission and Values
Attributes, Traits, and Behaviours:
- Accountability for results
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Influence and persuasion
- Multi-task and maintain a well-organized work environment, including organized filing system.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to understand and apply business rules.
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
Children Believe offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Donor Engagement Associate(DEA) position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe’s Careers website: https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for « Donor Engagement Associate« . Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.