The Canada Green Corps (CGC) programme is an innovative youth employment programme designed to support Canadian youth aged 15-30 (inclusive) to acquire meaningful employment and/or career related skills in the green sector. Youth Interns undertake paid Work-Integrated Learning (WiL) internships with various companies, governments, associations, universities and civil society organisations across Canada. The Programme is also designed to provide youth with career, learning and market information in finding meaningful employment.
About the role
The Finance Officer will be an important member of the Green Corps team and the Finance Department. The successful candidate will play a key role in processing, providing many of the financial functions for our Green Corps programme. The position is located at our Office in Ottawa but our current operations are working remotely due to COVID-19.
Finance and Administration
• Prepare and review claims from various Green Corps employer partners based on Canadian payroll rules;
• Assist in managing Green Corps tracking documents;
• Prepare payments for claims and invoices by both cheques and direct deposit;
• Verify supplier invoices, check for approvals and input in Quickbooks;
• Maintain manual and computerised filing systems;
• Ensure all internal procedures and processes are implemented and maintained on a consistent basis;
• Assist in preparation of financial reviews by external funders;
• Update budget tracking documents;
• Assist in accruals for programmes;
• Assist with yearly audit preparation;
• Perform other duties assigned by the CFO and/or Programme manager, as required, such as:
-liaising with employer partners to ensure the accrual of financial documents
-coordinating with regional coordinators to follow up on reimbursement payments.
• A relevant diploma or certificate in a related discipline (Finance/Accounting Degree preferred), or an
appropriate mix of relevant education and experience;
• Experience with and understanding of payroll processes;
• Proven accuracy, and attention to detail;
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to follow processes and procedures;
• Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting systems an asset;
• Self-motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented with a high level of diplomacy and
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
• English/French bilingualism preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
UNA-Canada is committed to the principles of employment equity and applies GBA+ analysis in our recruitment processes. Applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, people living with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women (QTBIPOC). Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process.
août 6, 2021
Partager cette publication: