GCC is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. Funded by the Government of Canada and other partners, GCC funds innovators in low-and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives. GCC works closely with a global network of partners to bring successful innovation to scale, catalyzing sustainability and impact.
We are a motivated, dedicated and diverse team who are seeking talented and motivated individuals to fill this new role. Under the direction of the Impact Measurement Manager and working closely with the Global Health Innovation team and GCC-supported innovators, the Impact Measurement Associate will assess the potential health impacts of GGC-supported innovations, to build impact models that inform investments decisions and optimize the numbers of lives improved and lives saved through GCC’s investments.
Assess evidence of impact for innovations under consideration for Transition to Scale funding:
• Critically appraise the innovation’s evidence of health impact to assess the strength of the evidence, and remaining gaps and limitations of the evidence
• Identify critical gaps in the evidence of health outcomes, and in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to determine when additional M&E support is needed through external experts and advisors
• Support the innovations to identify measurable health outcomes that align with GCC’s thresholds and definitions for lives improved and saved
• Support the Global Health Innovations team to communicate relevant information about an innovation’s health impact to the Investment Committee
Build impact models to estimate the potential long-term health impact of innovations in the Global Health Innovations Program, using GCC’s impact modeling methodology:
• Compare the evidence of health outcomes to similar/comparable interventions, through secondary research and consultation with experts in relevant sectors
• Assess an innovation’s potential pathways to scale, including plans for further scaling after the GCC funding period
• Conduct secondary research to gather information needed to build out robust impact models (that capture the relevant information and assumptions to articulate the pathway to impact)
• Conduct follow up with closed innovators, whose funding with GCC has concluded, to update impact models with latest information
• Support the Global Health Innovation team to review, verify and validate impact results reported by innovations
• Support innovators on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices and methods and on reporting (e.g. reviewing innovators’ M&E plans, providing feedback on results)
• Generate reports in GCC’s data management system and analyze data to support the creation of knowledge products (reports, presentations, etc.) for various audiences
• Minimum five (5) years relevant work experience, with expertise in monitoring and evaluation, including ability to review and critique research methodologies, results frameworks and indicators, theories of change, and project objectives
• Preference will be given to candidates with a Graduate level degree in health science, social science or economics. Candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered
• Demonstrated knowledge of global health or international development solutions
• Strong proficiency in Excel for impact model development and other analyses
Work Environment and Requirements
• Some travel (domestic/international) may be required
• Temporarily Remote
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. People with lived experiences in relevant thematic areas are encouraged to apply.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To apply, visit this page.
mai 30, 2022
juin 10, 2022
Grand Challenges Canada
Partager cette publication: