Information Systems & Analytics Specialist
Oxfam Canada is an affiliate of the international Oxfam Confederation networked in over 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. Our mission is to build lasting solutions to poverty and injustice with a focus on improving the lives and promoting the rights of women and girls. We work directly with communities, partners and women’s rights organizations to challenge the systems that perpetuate inequality and keep people poor. Together we seek to influence those in power to ensure that women trapped in poverty have a say in the critical decisions that affect them, their families and entire communities. That’s why we believe that ending global poverty begins with women’s rights.
Oxfam Canada offers a generous compensation and benefits program, including robust health, dental and wellness benefits, flexible workplace, 4 weeks’ vacation, but more than that, we offer the opportunity to be a part of our global movement for change. If you advocate for gender equality, are passionate about women’s rights, and share our values of Equality, Empowerment, Solidarity, Inclusiveness, Accountability and Courage – we want you on our team!
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Oxfam Canada’s operations are based on a suite of information management systems, including Salesforce which is integrated with a variety of supporting technologies. These systems support the functions of the whole organizations. As part of Oxfam Canada’s core mission, we strive to make decisions based on face and use technology to problem solve.
This key leadership position, reporting to the Manager, IT/IS and working closely Fund Development, Policy & Campaigns, and Communications departments is responsible for the overall operation and continuous improvement/development of Salesforce and all information systems while working with the Data & Information Administrator. This is a role that services staff in all departments.
They will work with the Fund Development, Policy & Campaigns, and Communication teams to build a sustainable foundation for integrated marketing and information sharing that will drive scalable fundraising, donor stewardship and engagement initiatives, including the optimization of the donor journey with the use of the marketing cloud. The incumbent will lead data mining projects, as well as provide detailed analytics on constituent data to support Oxfam Canada’s overall strategies.
The Information Systems & Analytics Specialist will keep informed and stay abreast of relevant technologies, making recommendations for further investments and implementation of new systems as necessary, in order to help achieve organizational goals.
Some travel may be required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed)
- As systems administrator, manages and leads ongoing development and continuous improvement of Salesforce (system architecture) and related information systems and platforms including but not limited to Engaging Networks, Shopify, Evergiving, and payment gateways with the goal to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages relationships with third-party systems providers as they relate to information management, integration with other systems, and use by various staff/groups within Oxfam.
- Champions the effective use of the Salesforce system throughout Oxfam Canada and provides support and guidance for all database users, including the development and implementation of a regular training program across the organization.
- Ensures existing systems are being utilized effectively by all departments, making recommendations/modifications when necessary, and to identify new requirements to ensure that Oxfam technologies keep pace with new innovations.
- Performs the required quality control procedures on all data-entered ensuring the highest of standards.
- Analyzes datasets and drives data modeling projects based on Oxfam goals as part of the public engagement work to build, advocate, and donor “pipelines”, predict behavior and measure success.
- Work with staff to ensure that appropriate KPI’s are established, monitored and achieved.
- Works with Oxfam’s internal and external stakeholders on data requests to provide actionable and meaningful information in support of organizational activities.
- Builds reports in Salesforce and other integrated systems to inform and support organizational priorities and programs.
- When appropriate, works with and manages external experts to research, recommend and implement new systems/solutions that integrate with our existing systems.
- Assists with and preforms data pulls, creates reports and develops dashboards.
- Develops, tests, and introduces audit reports to strategically identify and lead data opportunities and review tracking coding within Salesforce to ensure appropriateness and usefulness to Oxfam.
- Oversees database integrity, security, including profiles, user permission levels, offline back-ups, licensing and data mapping.
- Communicates analytics in a meaningful way.
- Oversees the budget and expenses related to the improvement and maintenance of Salesforce and information systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum seven (7) years related experience with object/relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server.
- A minimum of three (3) years direct administration experience in Salesforce or similar systems.
- Experience managing external vendors.
- Experience with different third party tools like Mulesoft, Demand Tools and Shopify is an asset.
- University degree in Computer Science, Informational Systems, Statistical Sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Salesforce Certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience writing Requests for Proposals (RFP), negotiating the terms and conditions of complex agreements for products and services.
- Experience in a leadership role; managing and/or coordinating work of others, including working with external suppliers and contractors and technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated track record of completing high quality IT/IS projects on time and within budget.
- Competent in writing and maintaining system documentation and data/system mapping.
- Experience managing complex databases, including hands on understanding of database development, programming and data analytic software.
- Experience developing technical and training guides for all user levels and delivering training to end-users.
- Demonstrated success in integrating multiple systems to drive and support business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Demonstrated experience performing detailed data analysis and presenting results, insights and conclusions effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues in a concise, professional and easily understood manner.
- Excellent project management skills are required for this position which includes prioritizing, work planning etc.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize work flow.
- Experience in gathering user requirements, documenting process ad work-flows, and designing systems and solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Demonstrated commitment to feminism, anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion values.
- Willingness to sign and abide by the Oxfam Code of Conduct and related policies.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- 35-hour workweek and the ability to work flexible hours
- A hybrid workplace where staff can work from home and the Ottawa office
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year, plus paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Extensive health, dental and wellness coverage for you and your dependents
- Paid sick days, and additional time off for personal and care responsibilities
- Pension plan contributions
- Caring, compassionate and supportive work environment that recognizes that work is one of the many responsibilities we have to prioritize in our lives
- Regular opportunities for all staff across Canada to meet – in person and virtually – to learn, connect and grow as a team!
** MUST be eligible to work in Canada **
Please visit this page to apply.
Deadline to apply: August 5, 2022 or until suitable candidate is found
If you don’t see yourself reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to apply.
Oxfam Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Applicants are encouraged to share accessibility needs in the application process, and every attempt will be made to accommodate them.
Important Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our strict code of conduct, subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for Oxfam Canada.
For additional career opportunities within Oxfam Canada, please visit oxfam.ca/employment-opportunities. Please note that we are not able to offer internships or overseas volunteer placements.