Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor (Alberta)
The Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor is responsible for cultivating and growing the donor base and raising gifts in the $25K – $750K range.The Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor also supports senior leadership in opportunity management where needed.
Position: Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor (Alberta)
Reports to: Director, Philanthropy Engagement
Position Term: Full Time Permanent
Workplace Type: Remote in Alberta
The Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor is responsible for cultivating and growing the donor base and raising gifts in the $25K – $750K range.
The Major Gifts Philanthropy Advisor also supports senior leadership in opportunity management where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivates relationships and moves donors through all stages of the donor cycle creating individual donor strategies and associated plans.
- Supports senior leadership, executives, and volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Grows donors’ contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships; understanding their affinity with World Vision, issues they care about, and capacity to give.
- Communicates effectively and meaningfully to donors through phone calls, personal meetings, emails, letters, proposals, reports, stewardship updates, providing an individualized experience.
- Use donor data and insights to help build plans for donor engagement and ‘asks’.
- Pursues and cultivates prospects for major donors proactively by attending events, leveraging social networks, and identifying influencers and creatively identifies and shares knowledge on prospecting potential donors.
- Responsible for achieving KPIs and yearly expectations.
- Incorporates planned giving references in discussions with donors when appropriate.
- Engages donors through trips to the field (work with WVC Travel Coordinators) and event invitations.
- Uses CRM effectively.
- Continually improves and develops self and team in the major gift space.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising with a proven track record of success in Major Gifts OR similar experience in sales including client management.
- A strategic and creative thinker who works proactively and can manage a diverse set of priorities.
- Demonstrated awareness of and experience with the donor/client relationship cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work both independently and as part of a team in a remote environment with proven ability to set priorities; work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills.
- Skilled communicator in both writing and in presentations.
- Ability to travel domestically (minimum of 40% per week) and internationally as needed.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours to execute donor events and meet the needs of donors, partners, and volunteers.
- Expertise in using CRM systems.
Why Consider Us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada and GTA top employer awards.
- We are Canada’s largest development, relief, and advocacy non-profit organization.
- We embody an Agile mindset here.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits. Our comprehensive health benefits start at day 1 which includes a Health Spending Account.
- We match pension contributions up to 6% and provide a top-up for pregnancy & parental leaves.
- We offer extra time off for restoration by closing for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year.
- We provide up to six weeks’ vacation, plus paid sick days, personal days & wellness days.
- We offer a family-friendly, caring, and flexible work environment.
Click here to apply!