Manager, Community Engagement
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organization on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking Manager, Community Engagement to join the Fund Development – Community and Events team.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Manager – Community Engagement to work alongside Senior Manager, Community Engagement (CE) in fundraising and relationship management activities in British Columbia. The manager is responsible for the implementation of fundraising events, projects, initiatives, and activities to meet annual revenue objectives, as outlined in the Community Engagement plans in accordance with the Society’s policies and procedures. The incumbent will also support domestic and international emergency appeals as required. The incumbent will steward and foster CRC expertise in philanthropy, inspiring Canadians to give.
As Manager – Community Engagement you will:
1. Community Based Fundraising Initiatives (60%)
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of CE donors and partners in British Columbia
- Manages donor pipeline: Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards existing and new fundraisers in support of CRC
- Implements channel strategy and executes plans for each CE fundraising initiative such as Family Campaign, Year-end Campaign, and gaming and streaming initiative
- Strategically involves channel leadership and senior volunteer solicitors in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of CE donors
- Represent CRC at community engagement fundraising events/cheque presentations when appropriate
- Provide regular status updates, activity and performance reporting to Senior Manager, Community Engagement and continually monitors performance metrics to achieve performance goals
2 . Walmart Campaign Support (20%)
- Supports planning and execution of the annual Walmart Campaign across British Columbia, including volunteer resources, campaign resources, in-store fundraising, and stewardship
- Implements strategies to meet or exceed the annual fundraising target
- Assists with the recruitment, training and support of volunteers engaged in the Walmart Campaign
- Liaises with assigned Walmart Associates and managers, including in-store as appropriate
- Develops and execute an annual cultivation/stewardship plan
3 . Appeals (20%)
- Effectively manages donor outreach and incoming fundraising inquires in response to national and international emergency relief appeals. Ensures the implementation of CE fundraising activities during times of disaster or crisis
- Supports and implements all aspects of CE strategy and tactics for a particular Appeal, including outreach to appropriate diaspora groups, community organizations, unions, religious organizations and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Strategically steward appropriate appeal donors and manage opportunities to build an ongoing relationship between them and CRC
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a post-secondary education or 5 or more years in fundraising, event management, volunteer management, project management, administration, marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud databases an asset
- General knowledge and understanding of fundraising
- Experience in an event leadership role and proven track record of delivering fundraising results
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a collaborative approach with a willingness to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and experience working within a matrix / complex organization
- Ability to lead by influence
- Results-driven work ethic coupled with analytic and project management skills
- A strategic and creative thinker who works proactively, and can manage competing priorities
- Exceptional partner servicing skill set and profound attention to detail/brand
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-directed, acts with a clear sense of ownership, and takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures
- Strong commitment to skills development and learning
- Travel within the Maritimes may be required for meetings and training purposes.
- This position will require working non-traditional hours especially during times of disaster or appeal
- Access to a vehicle is required
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
To apply, please visit this page.