Manager of Fundraising Operations and Donor Services
Oxfam Canada is an affiliate of the international Oxfam Confederation networked in over 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. Our mission is to build lasting solutions to poverty and injustice with a focus on improving the lives and promoting the rights of women and girls. We work directly with communities, partners and women’s rights organizations to challenge the systems that perpetuate inequality and keep people poor. Together we seek to influence those in power to ensure that women trapped in poverty have a say in the critical decisions that affect them, their families and entire communities. That’s why we believe that ending global poverty begins with women’s rights.
Oxfam Canada offers a generous compensation and benefits program, including robust health, dental and wellness benefits, flexible workplace, 4 weeks’ vacation, but more than that, we offer the opportunity to be a part of our global movement for change. If you advocate for gender equality, are passionate about women’s rights, and share our values of Equality, Empowerment, Solidarity, Inclusiveness, Accountability and Courage – we want you on our team!
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development, and working closely within the fundraising management team, the Manager, Fund Development & Donor Services is responsible for the overall management of the supporter services and operations of Oxfam Canada’s fundraising department.
This position will supervise the Donor Relations and Operations team, ensuring the highest standards of record keeping, and timely and excellent donor services at all times. Working with the team and across departments, they will work to further develop and improve systems, processes, and structures to ensure solid operations and optimal setup to support the continued growth of development activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This is not an exhaustive list of duties to be performed)
Fund Development processes:
- Develop, document, and implement business processes to guide accurate data entry, gift processing, pledge management, acknowledgements reporting and monthly gift management
- Conduct annual reviews and implement updates as needed, ensuring adherence and compliance of the department operations
- Oversee gift processing, including developing relevant policies and procedures, and training of new donor relations staff
- Have a line of sight on all fundraising systems as it relates to supporter data and platform integrations, including but not limited to: Salesforce, Engaging Networks, Shopify, and Evergiving
- Ensures all fundraising activities comply with all legislation and guidelines including those governing donor privacy, donor rights, CRA fundraising, and charitable receipting regulations
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, requirements and organizational revenue goals
- Ensure adherence to the policies and procedures protecting sensitive donor information
- Liaises with Information Systems (IS) team in the management of the donor database, including relevant hardware and software, and ensures its accuracy and usefulness are evaluated and maintained on a regular basis
- Coordinate and deliver the setup of new fundraising initiatives, revenue streams and payment platforms
- Conduct technical screening and data integrity checks for new vendor platforms and technology partnerships as it relates to fundraising
- Coordinate and oversee the annual consolidated tax receipting process with IS team for accurate and timely delivery to donors
- In coordination with IS team, review reconciliation and discrepancy reports to ensure accurate revenue tracking and income relative to expectancies
- Implement solutions & best practices in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage as pertains to fundraising operations.
- In coordination with IS team, configure, test, and deploy Salesforce automation, reports, dashboards, and custom components for Fundraising department
- Identify and recommend automation and improved efficiency opportunities around the Fundraising department’s data management and business processes, and work with IS team to implement
- Coordinate with the Annual Giving team on supporter service and stewardship practices
- Oversees the servicing of donation processing for all 3 Fund Developments units: annual giving, face to face, and philanthropy
- Liaise with the colleagues in Finance in matters related to budgeting, reporting, assignment of fund codes and other items of mutual relevance
- Oversees support from team for timely receipting
Fund Development data and reporting:
- Overseeing data imports and exports across the department
- Ensure data cleansing and health checks are done on a regular basis, in collaboration with the IS team
- Maintain quality control over all CRM entries, including coding structure, duplicate records, typos, inconsistencies, etc.
- Work closely with Fundraising team to meet data needs for planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Oversee the building and continuously developing of a reporting system (reports, dashboards and KPIs) for the Fundraising department, in order to track results and provide support to team members in accessing and visualizing the data on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with other Fundraising managers on updates to donor profile data structures, Salesforce fields, solicit codes, communication preferences, etc.
- Direct line manage the Donor Relations and Operations team; lead, mentor, support workplans and complete performance evaluations
- Track development progress, such as KPIs and reports as needed by the Director, Fund Development and Oxfam International
- Maintain relationships with fundraising operations vendors and other relevant partnerships
- Lead cross-department initiatives as it relates to fundraising operations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- University degree or post-secondary diploma, preferably in Fundraising, Marketing, or Information Studies, or equivalent combination of education and experience working in fundraising or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising or marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with relational databases with a focus on fundraising and revenue growth
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a management role or proven skills leading and managing teams
- Minimum of 3 years overseeing donation processing/ operations
- Experience auditing gift processing structures and building a systematic approach to operations
- Practical experience developing and delivering fundraising data management strategy
- Possess excellent understanding of tax rules as applied to charitable giving. Must keep abreast of new legislation and Canada Revenue Agency rulings affecting gifts
- Proven understanding of KPIs and analytics within a fundraising environment
- Demonstrated ability to increase revenue through process improvement and analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong knowledge, understanding and commitment to global justice, social change, women’s rights and gender equality
- Strong judgement and problem solving with an innate willingness to find reasonable solutions
- Excellent relationship building skills committed to collaboration and teamwork across the department and organizational-wide
- Exceptional interpersonal skills using diplomacy, discretion, empathy and tact
- Superior verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
- Strong computing skills in database management, preferably Salesforce, is essential
- Previous experience in the building and use of performance dash-boarding tools and reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of data protection and its implications in fundraising and marketing
- Experience with Engaging Networks or other digital marketing fundraising platform is desirable
- Experience with Shopify or other e-commerce an asset
- Willingness to sign and abide by the Oxfam Code of Conduct.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- 35-hour workweek and the ability to work flexible hours
- A hybrid workplace where staff can work from home and the Ottawa office
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year, plus paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Extensive health, dental and wellness coverage for you and your dependents
- Paid sick days, and additional time off for personal and care responsibilities
- Pension plan contributions
- Caring, compassionate and supportive work environment that recognizes that work is one of the many responsibilities we have to prioritize in our lives
- Regular opportunities for all staff across Canada to meet – in person and virtually – to learn, connect and grow as a team!
** MUST be eligible to work in Canada **
Please visit this page to apply.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2022 or until suitable candidate is found
If you don’t see yourself reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to apply.
Oxfam Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Applicants are encouraged to share accessibility needs in the application process, and every attempt will be made to accommodate them.
Important Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our strict code of conduct, subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for Oxfam Canada.
For additional career opportunities within Oxfam Canada, please visit oxfam.ca/employment-opportunities. Please note that we are not able to offer internships or overseas volunteer placements.