WHO WE ARE:
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) is a proud membership of more than 100 non-governmental organizations (NGOS), academic institutions, health professional associations and individuals partnering to improve health outcomes for women and children in more than 1,000 communities worldwide. CanWaCH unites the expertise and commitment of Canadian organizations and individuals to advance the health and rights of women, children and adolescents globally, envisioning a world where women, children and adolescents, in all their diversity, realize their right to thrive in full health.
CanWaCH is a completely virtual organization, with all staff operating from home offices across Canada. The ability to thrive in a fast paced and complex environment is essential. CanWaCH is a good fit for you if you are able to juggle multiple priorities, navigate changing realities and work effectively with a range of styles and approaches. CanWaCH strives to create an environment of radical candor, matched with a ‘can-do’ attitude and ambition. You would be an excellent fit if you enjoy thinking outside the box, see yourself as a ‘builder’ and inspire community and connections.
PURPOSE: The Membership Officer is a critical role within the organization dedicated to supporting CanWaCH members and to providing the essential information and tools that enable the CanWaCH team to efficiently and effectively advance our relationship with and service to our members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Member Relations, Services and Recruitment
- Monitor, triage, record and track all membership-related inquiries and activities, acting as the ‘first point of contact’ for inquiries and ensuring that they are responded to in a timely manner and delegating where appropriate to an appropriate CanWaCH team member.
- Actively monitor member activities including their programs, events, campaigns, etc., and identify opportunities to support and amplify those activities, liaising with CanWaCH staff as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for CanWaCH members to participate in other CanWaCH activities, such as joining the CanWaCH initiative, the Equal Futures Network and events.
- Actively engage in CanWaCH and Equal Futures Network member recruitment including identifying strategic opportunities to schedule calls with potential members, engaging relevant CanWaCH staff as appropriate.
- Support the call for nominations and recruitment process for CanWaCH member working groups, including member outreach to fill specific skill sets required.
- Working closely with the Metrics team, ensure members are aware of opportunities to provide their program and project information to the CanWaCH Project Explorer or the Equal Futures Network Map.
- Working closely with the Communications team, ensure members are aware of opportunities to include their content and work on various CanWaCH platforms, including social media, the jobs board, the events calendar and more.
- Continuously evaluate member satisfaction levels, support the execution of a member engagement strategy and ensure that satisfaction surveys are conducted for all member-facing events and activities.
- In close collaboration with and support from the CEO and other staff, coordinate the planning and delivery of the Annual General Meeting of Members each Fall.
- Assist with the delivery of other CanWaCH events, conferences, workshops and other moments, ensuring that members’ needs and feedback are incorporated into planning and that as many members as possible are included as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to engage members and partners in financial partnership arrangements (e.g. sponsorships) to support events, conferences and other deliverables.
Membership Administration and Reporting
- Proactively maintain an accurate and up to date database of member department leads and subject matter experts, notifying relevant team members of updates and ensuring any required follow-up action is undertaken.
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure that website listings of members and member working groups are accurate and regularly updated.
- Work closely with the Operations and Communications teams to ensure that the organization is maximizing the benefits of its client relationship management (CRM) database including for email outreach, membership management, events and more.
- Create member satisfaction and engagement reports that will support CanWaCH in its work planning and strategy.
- Generate membership, recruitment and revenue statistics to aid management decisions and for board of director’s review.
- Proactively monitor organizational objectives, indicators and KPIs across multiple projects and recommend strategic member engagement, interactions and partnerships that ensure the organization meets these deliverables.
- Working closely with the Finance and Operations teams, execute the annual membership renewal process, ensuring membership fees are paid and any overdue fees are either addressed or waived due to financial duress.
- Involving all teams across the organization, coordinate the planning and delivery of the CanWaCH Annual Report published adjacent to the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide support with the general administrative workload of the organization as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, non-profit management or a related discipline, with knowledge of international development, global health, public health, public administration or other relevant fields desired. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- 2+ years of successful relevant work experience in a related capacity at a membership based or similar organization with demonstrated experience supporting members or clients.
- Proven ability to work proactively in engaging with a large number of internal and external people, including senior executives, in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills and an outgoing personality, confident in face to face meetings and over the phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with CRM systems, surveys and content management systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of international development, women, adolescent and children’s global health and gender equality issues.
- Exceptional and effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and organize competing priorities and large workloads.
- Ability to navigate pathways through complex issues with optimism and a can-do attitude.
- Commitment to human rights, gender equality, and social justice.
- Fluency in both English and French is strongly desired for this position to effectively support member communication and engagement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. Should you require an accommodation or adjustment, please indicate this in your application.
- CanWaCH is an equal opportunity employer. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code. CanWaCH particularly welcomes submissions from qualified applicants from diverse communities, including but not limited to: youth, Indigenous communities, newcomer Canadians, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2I communities.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Apply through Charity Village by visiting this link.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A ROLLING BASIS – APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 4, 2022.