Program Finance Manager – Grants
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced grants manager who has a passion for the mission in the field, excellence in financial and compliance controls, and team and capacity development. This role is responsible for the oversight of World Vision’s development, humanitarian grants and contracts portfolio. The ideal candidate will understand best practices for pre-award and post-award grants/contracts management, possess financial and budget savviness to manage organizational metrics.
Duties and responsibilities
Global Affairs Canada experience is a must.
- Portfolio Oversight and Team Management (70-80%)
- Monitor the grants portfolio & pipeline and allocate resources to ensure all grants have proper financial management.
- Monitor OKRs for the grants area to ensure that the portfolio is able to cover its own OPEX % and expected indirect %, while managing the amount of match or risk capital available.
- Monitor the proposal pipeline: participate in go/no go decisions, properly categorize projects, oversee assignment of projects to officers for financial management.
- Participate in organizational budgeting process and provide regular forecast updates.
- Review monthly internal financial statements and gather explanation of variances.
- Interact at all levels within the organization and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month/year-end close.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure smooth functioning of the audit process.
- Lead/manage training on matters relating to financial and compliance of grants, both within the group and across the organization, as needed.
- Supervise finance officers and provide mentoring and support through timely feedback on performance, on the job assistance/coaching, performance appraisals, project visits prioritization, and scheduling.
- Grants Managements (0-20%)
- Understand donor requirements; prepare/update budget proposals from WVC and field offices; consolidate for diverse stakeholders.
- Provide regular technical support and direction to field finance staff. Help field office deal with difficult issues when required.
- Analyze spending trends and provide reports, feedback, or analysis to Program Managers and field colleagues as required.
- Prepare financial project reports and generate financial reports to donors for compliance with donor requirements and for internal monitoring.
- Review audit reports received from WV Implementing Offices, external auditors, or donor auditors, and facilitate the appropriate follow-up actions.
- Provide budget and finance expertise in the preparation, negotiation and review of agreements/contracts.
- Input/reconcile project budget information with WVI or WVC systems/databases.
- Undertake periodic project visits for financial data reviews, financial training as part of overall project monitoring as and when required. Travel may include Fragile Context Countries.
- Other Finance Initiatives at WVC or WVI (10%)
- Represent WVC at Global Affairs Canada meetings or WVI partnership forums and working groups as needed.
- Participate in development and maintenance of internal databases and spreadsheets, development/ revision of policies and procedures.
- Being involved and constantly updated on newly developed financial guidelines introduced by WV Partnership/ WV Canada and Field Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Global Affairs Canada grants management and compliance.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, adhere to deadlines and manage competing demands.
Advantageous qualifications to have:
- Professional qualification, e.g. CPA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Experience with PowerQuery and business intelligence applications.
- Experience working with commercial contracts.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world – and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Click here to apply!