Project Finance Officer
Cuso International is a global non-profit organization committed to ending poverty and inequality. Cuso works with local partners around the world to improve economic opportunities for all, enhance women’s and girls’ empowerment, and advance gender equality. By sharing skills, we are building sustainable futures. Each year, we amplify our impact by mobilizing hundreds of professionals who volunteer their time and share their experience.
Find out more at www.cusointernational.org
The Project Finance Officer (PFO) is responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of Cuso International’s international projects, including contract compliance requirements, in coordination with program staff across all Cuso International offices. The incumbent of the position provides advice and guidance to program staff on financial matters related to projects. As a critical part of the Finance team, this role supports the efficient delivery of Cuso International’s projects around the world.
JOB KEY OBJECTIVES
The Project Finance Officer will work towards the following organizational objectives:
- Provide decision-making advice, analysis and quality information to support the objectives of internal clients
- Implementation and ongoing development of financial policies and programs
- Support the delivery of required project outputs and strong program outcomes
Project Financial Management
- Monitor and analyze financial performance for a portfolio of Cuso International’s international projects
- Work in close coordination with the project staff in Cuso International Country Program Offices (CPO) and in Headquarters (HQ) to anticipate project risks and bottlenecks and to overcome these in a timely manner
- Provide internal clients with relevant, credible, timely and insightful information, analysis and related reporting information to support decision making
- Provide accurate and complete internal financial reporting and project performance efficiently
- Support the financial accounting team as required to ensure that accuracy of information being entered and recorded
- Lead and participate in the development and maintenance of financial budgets and projections
- Maintain the project finance section of the Finance intranet site, ensuring that all project and budget related documents are available in a centralized location and accessible by appropriate staff
Project/Country Project Office (CPO) Financial Compliance
- Prepare and maintain all mandatory donor financial reporting in accordance with contribution agreements and donor documents
- Implement and monitor compliance with organizational and project financial policies, procedures and controls
- Develop and deploy training to assist and educate stakeholders about organizational, project, and Cuso International’s financial policies, procedures and controls, including project implementing partners
- Assist with planning and implementing regular internal audits to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, and Cuso International’s Internal Controls
- Review CPO’s monthly financial documentation and provide recommendations on improving/strengthening adherence to financial policy and procedures
The Project Finance Officer is expected to work effectively as part of the Cuso International Finance team, and in particular to:
- Participate in Finance departmental and Project Delivery team meetings
- Contribute to process improvement projects as required
- Perform other duties and tasks in non-routine circumstances to support the successful delivery of projects
- To undertake specific additional responsibilities from time-to-time, as may be agreed upon with their Line Manager
- Provide cover to other members of the project finance team as needed
- University Degree (bachelor’s) or equivalent specialized certification
- Field of education: Commerce or appropriate business degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a Finance role working with grants or contribution agreements from donors and contributors
- Experience developing and monitoring project budgets and supporting the review and revision of project budgets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite & other databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Flexible and solution-orientated with the ability to working in a learning culture focused on knowledge building
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-departmental teams and liaise with various stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills
- Occasional international travel to project locations may be required up to 4 weeks a year
- Experience as a member of a full-cycle finance team
- International work experience
- Proposal development and project costing experience
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and/or Spanish
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation, personal days, and sick days, and more.
Please click here to submit your application. Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.