health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build capacity and
works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the
root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org.
If you are an experienced major gift fundraiser with a track record of success who believes the following things, we’d love to hear from you:
– Health is a human right. Delivering on that right for people who have been systematically excluded from it is social justice work at its finest. This work can’t happen without resources…and that’s where you come in.
– There is a special kind of excitement that comes from making people feel as good about their philanthropy as you feel about the organization you’re representing.
– If you’re asked to prioritize either interpersonal skills or organizational skills as more important for this position, the only right answer is “both.”
– An underdeveloped portfolio is an outsized opportunity.
– Fundraising is a team sport.
You will be responsible for bringing new donors into PIH Canada through prospect research and cultivation strategies, and will manage a portfolio of existing donors with a mandate to deepen engagement and grow revenue. Our ideal candidate:
– Has minimum 7-10 experience in fundraising/business development roles and track record of developing new relationships and raising five- and six-figure gifts in health, academic, and/or international development sectors
– Possesses excellent English writing, editing and analytical skills, with French language skills a significant asset
– Is detail and systems-oriented, with experience in Salesforce and/or Raiser’s Edge
– Has proven ability to use metrics to drive development decisions and achieve strategic objectives.
– Understands development best practices and has the ability to apply them in innovative ways to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors
– Develops relationships with colleagues, donors and partners in diverse settings from a position of humility and generosity
Compensation will depend on experience and market within a range of $75,000 – $90,000.
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Senior Development Officer’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. People with disabilities, women, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Partners In Health Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
février 26, 2021
Partager cette publication: