- Cet évènement est passé
The Lancet Series on Maternal & Child Undernutrition Progress
8 mars 2021 @ 9:00 - 11:00
Nutrition has risen significantly on the global agenda in the last decade, spurred in part by the findings from the first Lancet Series on Maternal and Child Undernutrition in 2008. The follow-on Series in 2013 came at a critical time alongside the Nutrition for Growth event in London. The growth of the SUN Movement, the past Nutrition for Growth convenings and five consecutive Global Nutrition Reports have also served to energize nutrition stakeholders, broaden a coalition of champions and, most importantly, generate new investments in the sector.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has affected nearly every sector in the world, hitting low- and middle-income countries and leaving many vulnerable populations at greater risk to the threats of malnutrition. The Series serves as an important milestone moment to inform the nutrition community and re-energize champions to propel the nutrition agenda forward into 2021, the Nutrition for Growth (N4G) Year of Action, a roadmap of key events throughout the year. The Year of Action will culminate in the UN Food Systems Summit in September 2021 and the Tokyo N4G Summit in December 2021.
We will hear from the following Lancet authors and nutrition champions (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Ellen Piwoz, Moderator
- Dr. Robert E. Black, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- Dr. Cesar Victora, International Center for Equity in Health, Federal University of Pelotas
- Dr. Zulfiqar A. Bhutta, Centre for Global Child Health, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto; Institute for Global Health & Development, The Aga Khan University
- Dr. Rebecca Heidkamp, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- Dr. Sania Nishtar, Special Assistant of the Prime Minister of Pakistan on Poverty Alleviation and Social Protection
- Dr. Meera Shekar, Global Lead, Health, Nutrition & Population at The World Bank
- Dr. Ruth Oniang’o, Founder, Rural Outreach Africa
- Shawn Baker, Chief Nutritionist, United States Agency for International Development