Reports to: Strategic Partnerships Lead
Language(s): English required, French an asset
Salary range: $40,000-$50,000 CAD
HISTORY IN THE MAKING
Imagine a fund as revolutionary and resourceful as feminist movements themselves. Sustainable. Scalable. Shifting resources and power to women far into the future. We are the Equality Fund (EF). Powered by Canada and ready to change the world.
Backed by a $300 million CAD contribution from the Canadian government, and inspired by the radical ambition of feminist movements, we are building the largest self-sustaining fund for women in the world. Shaped by leaders from every sector, this new funding model will harness gender-lens investing and bold, multi-sector philanthropy to unlock the full potential of capital to support a gender equal future.
We are in the process of recruiting an Administrative Assistant to support the Communications and Policy & Strategic Partnerships teams at the Equality Fund. The Administrative Assistant will work approximately half time with the Communications team and half time with the Policy & Strategic Partnerships team. The incumbent will be responsible for providing general support including preparing meeting packages, data management, organizing events/ meetings and other related administrative tasks as required.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing general administrative support (correspondence, preparing meeting packages, filing, etc.);
- Scheduling/organizing the administrative logistics of meetings and events- virtual and in person (booking rooms, handling technology, catering, etc.);
- Coordinating the schedules of team members in Google Calendar and arranging appointments;
- Coordinating logistical support and booking for travel;
- Liaising with the Finance team and assisting with team member expense claims as required;
- Supporting the Policy team with proofreading, formatting, and logistics of documents, reports, and other written materials;
- Storing and filing documents in Google Drive;
- Providing excellent customer service to a variety of stakeholders in person and by phone;
- Responsible for project management and administrative coordination (e.g. tracking tasks) using platforms such as Asana and Slack;
- Providing the Policy and Partnerships team with other forms of support and surge capacity where needed;
- Other administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- 2 to 3 years experience working in office administration;
- Post secondary education or equivalent;
- Experience working in international development, human rights or women’s rights an asset;
- Commitment to the work and values of the Equality Fund, in particular the values of gender equality and shifting traditional power systems;
- Commitment to anti-racist/ anti-oppresive practice;
- Experience working with G Suite and MS Office;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with stakeholders;
- Experience providing administrative support to multiple individuals and teams;
- Dependable, able to follow instructions and resourceful in problem solving;
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and complex environment is essential;
OUR ENVIRONMENT OF CARE
- We trust our talented team and are pleased to offer an extremely flexible and virtual work environment.
- We adhere to feminist values. We believe in sharing power and creating space for everyone to lead. We value collaboration, self care, inclusion and empathy towards all team members.
- The Equality Fund is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes 4 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, parental leave top up, medical benefits, life insurance, Group RRSP, paid birthday off and more!
The Equality Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code
. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities, and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.
At the Equality Fund, we do not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our code of conduct, satisfactory reference checks and may be subject to appropriate screening checks.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with the Equality Fund; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.