Administrative Coordinator – Canada Summer Jobs Grant
Ottawa, Ontario, position is fully remote
The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a full-time summer youth for the position of Administrative Coordinator for the Protection, Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Community Engagement and Accountability (PGIE) team. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) Program so applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined by the CSJ program.
- Support the PGIE (Protection, Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Community Engagement
and Accountability) team with various administrative tasks as requested.
- Work with the PGIE, EMCI (Emergency Management Canada and International) and other key
stakeholders to create PGIE briefs on current and potential countries where Canadian Red Cross
- Write reports, prepare presentation materials, create infographics, and other knowledge
translation products to distill PGIE briefs and high-level data and research findings into accessible
formats for various audiences
- Research best practices in PGIE topics, tools, and resources
- Updating and reorganizing the PGIE Resource Library on SharePoint.
- Administrative support for the Global Network of Women Leaders in the Red Cross Red Crescent
Movement (GLOW Red) and the institutionalization of Community Engagement and
Accountability (CEA) throughout Canadian Red Cross domestic operations.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to
meeting the needs of the most marginalized in the community.
- Completion or currently enrolled in post-secondary courses related to: gender equality and/or
gender studies, Diversity and Social Justice, Indigenous Studies, Black Canadian Studies,
International Relations, Development Studies, etc.
- A passion for issues related to protection, gender equality, social inclusion and community
engagement and accountability.
- Strong aptitude for detailed work and accuracy. Excellent writing and research skills, with an
ability to synthesize complex information;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to support and work as part of a virtual team.
- Flexibility, professionalism, independence.
- Quick learner and who enjoys working on various projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, French and/or Spanish an asset
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been
conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in
Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- A Great Company Culture: Everything we do is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity,
impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity & universality.
- Engaging Work: The opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s
largest non-profit organizations.
- Various learning and networking opportunities as well as building of professional skills.
- Work is performed remotely at home as part of a virtual team however.
- This position also requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record & reference check.
- The Canadian Red Cross has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of the people it serves. The Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all personnel are required to adhere to the Canadian Red Cross Code of Conduct. Familiarization with,
and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All personnel must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
If you are interested in making a difference and being part of a global humanitarian movement, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than (June 30th) via email to [email protected]
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process