After Action Review Consultancy
Action Against Hunger Canada is looking for consultants that will conduct an After Action Review (AAR) to specifically review the gender equality and gender-based violence (GBV) technical support it provided from February 2021 to June 2023 through the GENRP3:
- Development and implementation of Gender knowledge management systems & tools (LMS hosting; Online Events Calendar tool & Excel systems for gender learning, registration and learning management).
- Gender technical support including capacity strengthening through the development & delivery of adapted virtual and in-person training curricula.
- Collection and compilation of Action Against Hunger gender technical knowledge and capacity data.
The purpose of the AAR is to provide key stakeholders such as Action Against Hunger headquarters, country offices, program teams, gender personnel, and partner organizations, lessons learned, best practices and recommendations that could guide and improve gender equality and GBV prevention in its integrated humanitarian programming. Most specifically, the AAR intends to:
- To guide and improve the overall mainstreaming/integration of gender equality, women’s empowerment and GBV into our ACF programming.
- To guide and improve the integration of gender equality and GBV into our ACF programming towards a more gender-transformative approach to program design and implementation.
- To propose future support activities and delivery modalities to build on the results achieved during this pilot initiative.
Key Outputs / Deliverables and Timeline:
This work will take place between August to October 2023, with an expected number of days of work of around 30 days. The following outputs are expected from the consultants:
- Inception report outlining the key methodology and work plan (In English)
- Complete set of clean data sets
- Survey questionnaires, FGD plan and tool, KIIs plan and tools (In English, French and Spanish)
- Draft AAR Report for internal review (In English)
- Final AAR Report for dissemination (In English)
- An Executive Summary of the AAR to debrief on the final report and key findings (In English)
- Facilitation of a dissemination event (Audience, language and modalities to be determined at a later stage)
Applicants should meet the requirements mentioned below:
- At least 7 years of experience conducting and coordinating global humanitarian project evaluation and AAR
- Great written and oral skills in English, French and Spanish are required
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in gender equality, women’s empowerment and GBV programming
- Relevant degree / equivalent experience related to the evaluation to be undertaken
- Significant experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of multi-country programs
- Familiarity with international standards and policies including but not limited to the Grand Bargain, and IASC (Inter-Agency Standing Committee) GBV Guidelines
- Facilitation skills and the ability to manage the diversity of views in different cultural contexts are a requirement
- Good communication skills and experience in workshop facilitation
- Ability to write clear and useful reports
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines
- Independence from the parties involved
- Familiarity with the context of the humanitarian situation in the countries to be included in this evaluation is considered an asset
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of interest in submission of a proposal (in the form of an email), to: email@example.com by July 15, 2023.
- Detailed proposal clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this Request for Proposal and including the following:
a. Description of methodology, tools and sample size
b. Proposed approaches to data analysis, in response to overall objectives
c. A proposed timeframe detailing activities and schedule/work plan (including a Gantt chart for all stages of the AAR process, include information/support required from Action Against Hunger Canada.
d. Demonstrated previous experience in mixed methods and other qualifications.
e. Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member and indication language skills of team members (if more than one).
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the study:
a. Itemized consultancy fees/costs
b. Number of days of work
c. Currency of offer (In CAD)
d. Validity period of the offer
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed team members outlining relevant experience.
- Names and contact information of three references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience.
- A Consulting Firm profile (if applicable).
The proposal will be scored on both technical (methodology) and financial (budget) aspects. Complete applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘AAR Consultancy for GENRP 2021-2023’ by July 15, 2023. If you have any questions regarding this Request for Proposal, please submit your questions by July 5th, 2023.