Business Development Manager
Veterinarians without Borders/ Vétérinaires sans Frontières – Canada (VWB) is a charitable, humanitarian organization whose mission is to work for, and with, those in need to foster the health of animals, people, and the environments that sustain us. More information about the organization can be found at www.vetswithoutborders.ca.
The Business Development Manager will have strong business development skills and proven track record of securing funding opportunities in international development and humanitarian aid with a particular focus on multilateral and bilateral donors (e.g. GAC, USAID, EU, FAO), Foundation Grants, and other competitive funding opportunities. This role will play a key role in, enabling VWB Canada to resource its global strategies by securing programmes which deliver scalable, community driven impacts. at. as well as experience in consortia development and collaborating with INGOs and local partner organizations.
- Assumes all mandates in the organization that directly mobilize financial resources for VWB Canada’s mission whether it be through institutional or private sources.
- Ensure strong partnership approach in the design of new programs and innovative solutions, including high engagement with Country Offices.
- This also includes traditional program funding through the Canadian government and multi laterals as well as private donor fundraising and private sector engagement and investment.
- Support the team in ensuring VWB Canada is at the leading edge of innovation and high-quality programming by possessing program technical expertise and business development experts who, together with the Executive Director and Program Team.
- Support identification of partners, consultants, and other proposal development support as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with consortium partners.
- Negotiate and finalize teaming agreements with partners and ensure vetting of partners is performed in line with VWB Canada requirements.
- Develop an organizational funding strategy to increase and diversify institutional revenue in line with VWB Canada’s strategic objectives.
Skills & Experience
- Five years’ experience in funding and awards management
- Substantial of experience working in International NGO with similar position: grant management, proposal development (narrative and budgets) and donor reporting.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in development, humanitarian affairs, international relations, or other relevant course
- Experience of collaborating with and leading technical teams to develop programme proposals funded by institutional donors
- Numerical understanding with basic knowledge and experience in budget setting and management
- Highly developed communication skills in networking, representational and negotiation and influencing skills and report writing
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter by March 31.
Veterinarians Without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontières is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team. We are committed to inclusive and equitable employment practices and strive to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
VWB/VSF Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
mars 29, 2022
mars 31, 2022
Postes permanents à temps plein
Veterinarians without Borders
Partager cette publication: