The New Canadians Centre Peterborough (NCC) is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland regions. We strive to empower immigrants and refugees to become full and equal members of Canadian society and to provide community leadership to ensure cultural integration in a welcoming community.
The Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation of the communications strategy at the New Canadians Centre. This includes the production and dissemination of communications content across the NCC’s communications channels. The Communications Officer reports to the Director of Community Development who will oversee the NCC’s communication strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement NCC annual communications plan and strategy
- Manage NCC website, including developing and posting content and ensuring pages are updated as needed
- Manage WelcomePeterborough.ca immigration portal, including developing and posting content and ensuring pages are updated as needed
- Design materials to support the work of the Peterborough Immigration Partnership
- Monitor Website Live Chat, responding directly and/or forwarding inquiries to relevant staff members
- Manage social media channels, including regular content creation (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Design digital and print graphics for promoting NCC activities through various channels
- Produce promotional materials including NCC brochure, Annual General Report, annual Gratitude Report, monthly newsletter and bulletins, and event posters
- Connect with client services staff and others at NCC to develop regular impact stories
- Support day-to-day forward movement of public engagement campaigns
- Produce promotional materials for fund development and special projects
- Ensure that all external communications material aligns with brand standards
- Produce a monthly report with indicators to track impact of communications strategy
- Complete data collection and reporting requirements as outlined in program contracts, and the NCC Annual Plan, and work to ensure program targets are met
- Support the mandate of the New Canadians Centre
- Assist in organizing and/or participate in NCC events and activities including the AGM and Canada Day
- Complete documentation such as expense reports and timesheets in a complete timely fashion
- Create and maintain a Position-Specific Manual
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Marketing and Communications and/or equivalent experience is required
- Graphics design training or equivalent experience is required
- At least two years’ work experience in communications, community development and/or the nonprofit sector preferred
- Lived experience as a newcomer to Canada or as a member of a marginalized group, as voluntarily self-identified, is viewed favourably
- Proficiency with using WordPress or equivalent content management system
- Proficiency with using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign or equivalent graphics design platforms
- Understanding and empathy for the struggles which immigrants, refugees and newcomers face in starting a new life in Canada
- Understanding of anti-oppressive language and concepts including power, privilege, intersectionality, and racism
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, work well in a busy environment
- Knowledge of community resources and immigration issues
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate records, write reports and meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of computers and Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Proficiency in more than one language is considered an asset
- Current Criminal Reference check
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License, and access to a vehicle is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings
- Ability and willingness to travel to related seminars, conferences, training, meetings, etc.
To apply for this position, please visit this page.
The NCC strives to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the NCC’s Accessible Customer Service Policy. Applicants will need to make their needs known in advance.
The NCC is an advocate for equity and is committed to ensuring representation in its staff team. We welcome applications from members of immigrant and refugee communities, people of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
août 15, 2022
août 22, 2022
Postes permanents à temps plein
New Canadians Centre Peterborough
Partager cette publication: