Join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers and help put an end to extreme poverty.
Location: Ottawa-Gatineau (Hybrid)
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Are you on the hunt for a dynamic and rewarding role? Do you thrive in a fast-paced organization with colleagues passionate about impact? Are you looking to leverage your communications know-how to contribute to positive change in the world and empower others to do the same?
Results Canada is a grassroots advocacy organization that believes in mobilizing everyday people to generate the political will to end extreme poverty. We combine the voices of our volunteers with strategic areas of focus to leverage resources for programs and improved policies that help realize peoples’ rights to health, education, and economic opportunity. We believe that a world free of poverty is possible, that proven solutions exist, and that together we can change the world.
Results Canada is recruiting a Communications Officer to join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Officer will implement and monitor strategies to amplify Results Canada’s brand, enlist new strategic partners in our mission, and support and grow our grassroots base to maximize the impact of grassroots action.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications strategies and plans to: ensure Results’ campaigns, advocacy activities, and events have maximum impact; expand Results’ base of support; and support existing volunteers so they have the tools and resources to take effective action
- Develop corporate products, earned and bought media
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of communications products, stay up to date on communications best practices, and provide recommendations to improve performance metrics
- Create and maintain up-to-date and relevant content for the website, social media accounts, email marketing, and other communications tools
- Maintain and cultivate contact databases of stakeholders including donors and media
- Monitor and amplify media mentions and published advocacy work of Results Canada volunteers across the country
- Coordinate the development, layout, and design of publications, including the Annual Report, conference documents, and marketing and communications materials
- Edit and produce promotional and educational videos
- Support fundraising campaigns and communications tools to engage current and prospective donors
- Engage with supporters, stakeholders, and other audiences where necessary
- Identify emerging trends and opportunities for engagement
- Support the promotion, organization, and execution of Results events and conferences
- Collaborate with other Results Canada colleagues to support the achievement of broader organizational goals
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or other related fields, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of communications experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of social media channels, scheduling software, and analytics
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong creative, organizational, and detail-oriented skills
- Willingness to work irregular hours as required for events, calls etc.
- Professional proficiency in both English and French strongly preferred
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and/or in volunteer engagement
- Experience in advocacy work and/or political work
- Knowledge of international development issues
- Experience supporting grassroots fundraising campaigns
- Experience using a CRM to capture, manage, and action organizational contacts
- Experience working with a CMS (ex. WordPress)
- Familiarity with email marketing software
- Familiarity with graphic design and layout and design software
- Familiarity with video and audio editing software
Possible light domestic travel required.
Results Canada operates as a hybrid work environment with staff working from home and the Results Canada Ottawa office as required. Fully remote Candidates (outside Ottawa/Gatineau) are also encouraged to apply for this role.
Applications should include your resume and cover letter (compiled into one PDF document) explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate. The salary band is $52,000 – $64,000 and includes a comprehensive benefits package once the successful applicant has passed the probationary period. Results Canada offers four weeks’ vacation plus a five-day office holiday closure in December, a training budget for staff development and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
Please email your cover letter and CV in one pdf file with your first and last name in the file name to [email protected] by Friday May 26, 2023 and include Communications Officer in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Results Canada is committed to working within an anti-racism, anti-oppression, and anti-colonial framework and our anti-oppression values can be found here: https://resultscanada.ca/our-anti-oppression-values/. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous people, migrants, people with marginalized sexual or gender identities, and people living with disabilities. We invite candidates to share how they personally identify in their application if they wish to do so.