Community Engagement Specialist
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. Our mission is to save the lives of severely malnourished children while helping communities become self-sufficient. Recognized as a world leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger has pursued its vision of a world without hunger for almost four decades, combating hunger in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity. With more than 8,000 staff in nearly 50 countries, our programs in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, water, sanitation, and hygiene, reach more than 20 million people each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of the Development Team, the Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for engaging with our community on social media channels to post content, resolve issues, provide information and be an ambassador of the organization. They will also be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of gifts including inputting gifts into the database and preparation of gift acknowledgments with respect to fund development and donor stewardship. This position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Digital Marketing Officer and Marketing and Communications Officer.
Social Media – 30%
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for social media accounts.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Organize and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with Digital, Marketing, and Fundraising teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Build relationships with donors, prospects, and influencers.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends.
Gift Processing – 30%
- Handle incoming donor inquiries/requests by telephone, mail, and email.
- Manage data entry and gift processing for donations.
- Update, review, and amend donor database records and templates as required.
- Process and track individual records in the organization’s CRM database.
- Prepare and distribute donor Thank-You letters and process charitable tax receipts.
- Draft personalized correspondence as required.
Donor Relations and Stewardship – 25%
- Conduct warm thank you calls to new and current donors on a weekly basis.
- Conduct research to identify donor prospects, including foundations and individual donors.
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare donor proposals, reports, presentations, collateral and donor correspondence.
- Assist with stewardship and fulfillment obligations for foundations and donors.
Administration – 15%
- Oversee budgeting support in creating purchase orders and tracking weekly or monthly expenses
- Work with the Finance Department to close necessary purchase orders once invoices have been received.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, journalism or in a relevant discipline.
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English (fluency in French would be considered an asset).
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging and original content for social media platforms.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by May 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Action Against Hunger, visit our website at www.actionagainsthunger.ca