Oxfam-Québec wishes to recruit an individual or an organization for a mandate of training and coaching on the themes of inclusion and diversity. The main objective of the mandate is to contribute to a better integration of these issues in the feminist partnership approach that will be put forward by Oxfam staff, volunteers and partner organizations within the framework of the Equality in Action program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The work will be done entirely remotely, considering the availability of the consultant and working group members and in accordance with the deliverable schedule. Under the supervision of the Youth Active Citizen Advisor, and in close collaboration with the Equality in Action’s inclusion working group, the selected individual or organization will be expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Preparation and Needs Assessment: After providing a detailed work plan and reviewing the timeline, the consultant will participate in a kick-off meeting with the inclusion group and conduct preparatory meetings with most of its members. These meetings will serve to create a positive work climate and to encourage the commitment of members in the accompaniment process led by the consultant. They will also be helpful to evaluate the level of integration of the notions of inclusion and diversity in the work teams that are part of the Equality in Action program. The results of this evaluation, including good practices and reinforcement needs, will be compiled in a short summary document. Interviews will be conducted in English, French and Spanish (translation support could be provided by Oxfam-Québec).
2. Facilitator Training: The consultant will develop and deliver virtual, participatory training for members of the extended working group. This training will enable participants to become facilitators on the themes of inclusion and diversity. The content of this training, including the tools that will be suggested and selected, must be accessible, adaptable and replicable by the trained facilitators, who will then offer this training to the teams and local partners. The training will take place over a period of two months and will be composed of four to five virtual sessions. It must be conducted in English.
3. Report and Recommendations: The consultant or organization will be required to write a consultation report that will contain both tools and recommendations. The consultant will identify existing tools and documentation that may support the development and application of relevant knowledge by working group members. These elements will be integrated into a toolkit that will be consulted throughout the program and will be used for the training of volunteers and local partners. The consultant or organization will also provide concrete recommendations to strengthen the integration of inclusion and diversity themes in the Equality in Action program. These recommendations will be used in the drafting of the orientation guide on the feminist partnership approach.
* Detailed work plan and schedule review
* Synthesis presenting the evaluation of prior learning and needs assessment
* Development and delivery of inclusion and diversity facilitator’s training
* Final consultation report including suggested tools and specific recommendations for the orientation guide
The budget available to carry out this mandate is a maximum of $15,000 CAD. Candidates interested in applying will have to specify the level of effort and their daily fees in their technical and financial proposal.
* Recognized expertise in inclusion and diversity
* Demonstrated experience in training and coaching organizations or collectives on inclusion and diversity
* Understanding of decolonization and anti-racism issues in the international development sector
* Adherence to Oxfam’s feminist principles
* Ability to synthesize and make complex issues accessible
* Ability to develop participatory methodologies in a distance learning context
* Ability to work in English (spoken and written) and in a second language (French or Spanish)
* Proficiency in the third language (an asset)
Individuals or organizations interested in applying have to submit a short technical and financial proposal of no more than 5 pages, including the expected level of effort (number of days and per diem rate). The Curriculum Vitae of the person(s) who will be directly involved in carrying out the mandate must also be provided as an appendix. Proposals must be sent no later than January 5, 2021, to the following address: [email protected].
décembre 14, 2020
Partager cette publication: