Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For 35 years, CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with Indigenous Nations and communities in Canada, to deliver community-led programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Specialist is a core member of the Development and Communications team at CFTC. The Digital Communications Specialist manages CFTC’s digital platforms, including social media, website and email marketing with MailChimp. They also support the fundraising team in creating digital content to support their goals (including blog posts and simple graphics with Canva) and assisting with writing and developing donor proposals and reports.
• You have one to three years of content development and/or marketing experience with a focus on
digital, ideally in a non-profit environment.
• You stay on top of the latest nonprofit e-marketing and social best practices, read relevant blogs and
research, and make evidence-based decisions to increase engagement and conversion.
• You’re a knowledgeable participant on social media and have been responsible for managing digital communities across different platforms. You’re ready to achieve measurable goals using social metrics.
• You can identify opportunities to create digital content and assets from written documents, stories,
photos, or a variety of other sources
• Ideally, you are familiar with key stakeholders in the development sector, the Global Goals, Canada’s
development priorities, food security, and Indigenous food sovereignty issues in Canada.
• You are committed to ethical storytelling principles and can inspire people to action with words,
images and video.
• Execute the organization’s annual editorial calendar as it relates to social media and email
• Plan, design and execute all e-marketing communications, working closely with peers from the
• Manage all aspects of the social strategy, including developing organic and paid social campaigns in
collaboration with e-marketing lead.
• Write, format and publish blog posts on the website
• Source and create digital assets for both web and social use
• Support in writing and editing online and offline publications and fundraising collateral as required,
including supporting the Leadership Giving team.
• Monitor media, social mentions, and influencer activity to identify trends and recommend online
strategies to capitalize on them to position our brand
• Participate in cross-functional work groups to advance organizational initiatives
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
• A degree in a related discipline. A post-graduate certificate or ongoing development experience in
areas of digital marketing or communications would be considered a strong asset
• 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably within a non-profit setting
• Strong knowledge of Mailchimp including drafting and loading emails, audience maintenance,
reporting, segmentation, and automations is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of content management systems and social scheduling tools
• Basic design-savvy using Canva or Adobe Creative Suite products
• Extremely strong writing and communication skills in English. Fluency in French or Spanish would be
• Familiarity with CRMs (Raisers Edge), Google Analytics and Facebook advertising would be an asset
• Superior skills in building productive working relationships and networks with internal and external
stakeholders and partners
• A positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility and a high degree of initiative
• Commitment to Canadian Feed The Children’s vision, mission, and values
• Eligible to work in Canada
Interested? Please quote the position title in the subject line and submit your resume and cover letter
to [email protected] by March 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. This
position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed the Children (CFTC) is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of our community. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility or Accommodation process at CFTC, please contact our People and Culture Department.
mars 29, 2022
mars 30, 2022
Canadian Feed the Children
Partager cette publication: