The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is the national professional association representing midwives and the profession of midwifery in Canada. The National Aboriginal Council of Midwives’ (NACM) mission is to promote excellence in reproductive health care for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities. Both organizations are governed autonomously but share office space and resources and both are staffed by a passionate team of individuals dedicated to providing support for midwives and the profession of midwifery across Canada and globally.
The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is hiring a part-time Digital Media Officer for a five (5) month contract. The Digital Media Officer will work closely with the communication’s team to develop, maintain, and manage CAM and CAM Global’s social media content.
The successful candidate must possess strong writing skills in English and in French, experience implementing social media and web strategies or campaigns to reach specific audiences and a good understanding of graphic design. The successful candidate will be proficient in the technical tools of the trade, including social media platforms, online communications and marketing, and creative tools such as Photoshop.
The Digital Media Officer will be responsible for reviewing an article, event, discussion, and disseminating the information creatively and with culturally appropriate context and language across multiple digital channels to advance the objectives and profile of CAM, CAM-Global and its partner organizations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Post content on social media channels in both official languages and monitor discussions.
• Collaborate with CAM’s Communications team to develop materials for various campaigns.
• Gather and monitor analytics; collaborate with the communications team to develop strategies to expand CAM’s audience.
• Participate in the development and layout of members’ communications; weekly newsletter, Constant Contact.
• Support in updating websites, as needed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Diploma or degree in communications, graphic design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience in social media channel management with expertise in a variety of platforms and communication mediums.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in both official languages (English and French).
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit engaging content for a specific audience.
• Strong understanding of and ability to interpret social media and website analytics.
• Competent in the use of website management tools, including the use of WordPress.
• Demonstrated experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Spark, and other online creative tools.
• Demonstrated ability to organize priorities, multi-task, take initiative and work independently.
• Experience in a non-profit, or member-based organization.
• Knowledge of international development
Working Conditions & Location
• This position is part-time (approximately 21-28 hours per week) for five (5) months.
• This position is remote with weekly virtual meetings online
At CAM, we recognize that experience comes in many forms, and a willingness to learn goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Please follow these instructions:
• Send your CV, cover letter and sample of digital work to [email protected] in a PDF document with your full name in the file name. CVs without a cover letter will not be reviewed
• Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. Eastern Time on December 3, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
novembre 25, 2020
Partager cette publication: