Event Management Services for Major Events 2022-2023
1. Summary and Background
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) is currently accepting proposals for delivery of event management services for four major events and conferences taking place in 2022 and 2023. These four events are to support the delivery and objectives for two distinct CanWaCH projects.
CanWaCH is comprised of approximately 100 Canadian non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic institutions, health professional associations and individuals partnering to improve health outcomes for women and children in more than 1,000 communities worldwide.
The four events included in this RFP are:
- CanWaCH’s annual flagship convening moment – 2022. As Canada emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, this convening moment will consist of a series of smaller, 2-3 hour evening dinner gatherings held consecutively over the course of one week in three major Canadian cities. It will take place in early May 2022 and participation is estimated at 50 people per event (total 150) depending upon pandemic mitigation/capacity limits and travel considerations.
- The 2023 flagship event will be a two-day conference, held the week of April 10th to convene CanWaCH members, Canadian civil society organizations, health professionals, academics, government representatives, participants from low and middle-income nations and youth. Approximately 300 participants are expected with the potential for public admission for select sessions (e.g. for school children/youth during the day and/or an evening public facing event).
- Through the Equal Futures Network, CanWaCH will also host two summits on gender equality. The first will be a two-day conference in early June 2022 with approximately 300-400 participants from organizations across Canada, including youth and speakers from rural, remote communities.
- The second gender equality summit, also a two-day event, will take place in early June 2023 with 300-400 participants.
Please note that we are inviting proposals in the following combination options with strong consideration being given for cost efficiencies/incentives related to a firm offering services for multiple events:
- A. All 4 events
- B. Events 1 and 2 only
- C. Events 3 and 4 only
2. Proposal Guidelines
2.1 Proposals to deliver event management, planning and coordination services for these four CanWaCH events will be accepted until 11:59 pm EST, Sunday, November 7th. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
2.2 If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in the proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
2.3 All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs.
2.4 Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by CanWaCH and will include scope, budget, schedule and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
3. Project Purpose, Description and Scope
3.1 Project Purpose
CanWaCH is seeking an event management firm to oversee planning, logistics, project management and delivery for four major convenings in 2022 and 2023.
Two of these convenings are the annual flagship events to bring together CanWaCH member organizations, CanWaCH Associates, Canadian civil society organizations, health professionals, academics, government representatives, participants from low and middle-income nations and youth. The 2022 gathering will be a series of three evening dinner events (approx 2.5-3 hours) held in three Canadian cities over a week in early May with approximately 50 attendees at each event (total 150). The 2023 flagship event will be a two-day conference with approximately 300 participants with the potential for public admission for select sessions (e.g. for school children/youth during the day and/or an evening public facing event). Plenary and breakout sessions are still to be determined for the 2023 event but anticipated room requirements are a plenary room, 2-3 breakout rooms and reception capacity.
The other two major events will advance the objectives of the CanWaCH initiative, the Equal Futures Network. The first will be a two-day conference in early June 2022 with approximately 300-400 participants from organizations across Canada, including youth and speakers from rural, remote communities. Anticipated room requirements are a plenary room, a breakout room and reception capacity. The second gender equality summit, also a two-day event, will take place in early June 2023 with 300-400 participants and will possibly require additional breakout rooms.
3.2 Project Description and Scope:
CanWaCH is seeking a provider to deliver conference planning and coordination services including:
- Responsible for creation and continued updates to critical path/workback schedule
- Weekly meetings/updates with appropriate CanWaCH event lead (frequency to change as required)
- Budget management
- Run of show for all events
- Final event report outlining key statistics such as registrations, engagement, simultaneous translation usage, budget nd more
- Research and provide venue options for each of the four events (3 dinner venues for event #1) undertaking an assessment of cities/venues, travel budget considerations and recommendations for the CanWaCH team
- Manage plenary/breakout/meeting room set-up
- Manage any additional meeting room needs that may arise, e.g. green room for speakers or VIPs
- Manage guest room block with hotel meeting CanWaCH’s contractual obligations and benefits under the venue contract
- Manage all food and beverage orders
Logistics for each event:
- Identify and coordinate audio-visual needs including securing quotes (minimum three quotes required), determining supplier and managing all aspects of A/V throughout the planning and onsite delivery of the event (onsite event team not required for May 2022 events)
- Source simultaneous translation services, including quotes and coordination.
- Stage set-up and décor as required
- Source photographer (from three quotes)
- Entertainment (if required)
- Coordinate insurance requirements (as required)
- Assist staff with speaker briefings
- Plan and coordinate with CanWaCH website and social media team on required updates to CanWaCH digital channels
- Coordinate printing needs (three quotes required)
Online and Onsite Registration
- Work with CanWaCH to develop, monitor and coordinate online registration system (via CanWaCH’s CRM GlueUp)
- Coordinate the posting of relevant information and updates including registrants, speakers, program, venue information and more to the conference app (CanWaCH has previously used Whova) to promote registrant engagement and community dialogue during the conferences.
- Support use of CRM Community groups to further promote engagement working with CanWaCH staff..
- Develop registration processes and delegate badges that can accommodate a significant number of late registration and onsite registrations common to the sector
- Operate registration desk during conferences efficiently and with greatest expediency for delegates
- Strong onsite support throughout events 2, 3 and 4 including A/V run of show, A/V rehearsal, signage set up and other set-up as required
- Strong onsite presence throughout the event to troubleshoot and liaise with hotel and CanWaCH staff and accommodate any last-minute A/V changes
- Select support for researching and contracting with keynote speakers/artists as required. The CanWaCH team will engage with programmatic and VIP (e.g. political) speakers but speaker coordination support will be required for all speakers/entertainment
- Drafting and acquisition of releases and waivers from speakers and delegates (e.g. for video recording, webcasting and photographer)
- Speaker waivers, travel/accommodations/visa forms as required.
- Collect photos and bios for website and program
- Book and manage travel arrangements and accommodations incorporating a variety of options (air, rail, etc.) for speakers, bursary recipients and other personnel as identified by CanWaCH
- Support on speaker briefing materials and calls (as required)
- Maintain updated speaker list
- Liaising with CanWaCH staff, translators and designers for delivery of presentation decks in both official languages
- Partnerships and sponsorships will be sought for 3 events: the 2023 CanWaCH Flagship event, and the 2022 and 2023 Gender Equality Summits.
- This event management contract includes:
- In collaboration with CanWaCH, secure event sponsorship to cover additional event expenses. This includes developing sponsorship packages, prospect lists and meeting with and securing potential sponsors
- The drafting and coordination of partnership and sponsorship agreements
- Coordination and tracking of the execution of the deliverables within the agreement by both CanWaCH and the partner/sponsor.
- Further consideration, outside the fixed costs of the event management contract, will be given to incentivize the vendor to secure new sponsors/partners for the 2023 CanWaCH Flagships and 2022 and 2023 Gender Equality Summits. Please include in your proposal a fee structure for vendor-sourced partnerships/sponsorships secured. Additional fees will not be considered for partnerships and sponsorships already the subject of negotiation or already secured by CanWaCH.
4. Request for Proposal and Project Timelines
Request for Proposals:
4.1 All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than 11:59 pm EST, November 7, 2021 clearly indicating which events are included in your proposal:
- A. All 4 events
- B. Events 1 and 2 only
- C. Events 3 and 4 only
4.2 The selection decision for the winning bidder(s) and to bidders who were not selected will be made no later than 5:00 pm EST, November 12, 2021.
4.3 Upon notification, the contract negotiations with the winning bidder(s) will begin immediately. Contract negotiations will be completed by November 19, 2021.
4.4 This project will commence as outlined above in section 3.2 no later than November 22, 2021 and continue until delivery of the fourth and final event and no later than June 30, 2023.
5.1 All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project description and scope.
5.2 All costs and fees must be clearly described in each proposal.
6. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
6.1 CanWaCH will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposals, your proposal should be complete and include all the following criteria:
- Timelines associated with the completion of the project
- Project management methodology, including all planning and consultation with CanWaCH staff.
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner;
- Organizational Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project: please provide description of experience in planning and coordination of large-scale conferences; documentation of staff expertise and experience; list how many full time, part time and contractor staff in your organization; anticipated resources you will assign to this project (total number, role, title, experience)
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to the delivery of conferences, as well as client testimonials and references: Examples of 3 or more conferences that have been planned and coordinated by your organization; testimonials from previous clients on your delivery of similar conferences.
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.