Events and Member Services Coordinator
Job Description: Background
The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is the national professional association representing midwives and the profession of midwifery in Canada. The National Aboriginal Council of Midwives’ (NACM) mission is to promote excellence in reproductive health care for First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities. Both organizations are governed autonomously but share office space and resources and both are staffed by a passionate team of individuals dedicated to providing support for midwives and the profession of midwifery across Canada and globally.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
The Events and Member Services Coordinator will coordinate the planning and execution of the association’s annual general meeting, conference, and exhibit. The position will also participate in the development and implementation of other year-round educational opportunities and resources (online and in-person) to serve our membership, including securing advertising in the Canadian Journal of Midwifery Research and Practice (CJMRP).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Event Planning and Production
- Liaise with venue(s) for all meeting requirements (room set ups, room blocks, food and beverage, shipping, and handling of conference materials, etc.)
- Order supplies, audiovisual equipment, and translation services according to approved budget(s).
- Create event budget(s) and provide periodic progress reports to the Member Services and Communications Manager.
- Participate on the Program Planning Committee and liaise with other committees and organizations requiring meeting space and support.
- Manage production and distribution of promotional material, preliminary and final conference programs (electronic and print).
- Maintain updated conference, events, and professional development information on website, mobile app, and other platforms, in conjunction with the Communications Officer.
- Manage communications with speakers, exhibitors, and other partners.
- Recruit, train, and onboard volunteers for events, as needed.
- Monitor success and attendance of online programming and provide reports.
- Prepare and distribute online evaluation(s) for delegates and exhibitors and prepare final report.
Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Prepare and disseminate sponsorship and exhibitor guide and materials.
- Secure and increase in-person event and online learning sponsorship and donations and maintain ongoing communication with sponsors and exhibitors.
- Maintain list of eligible potential sponsors and exhibitors and complete sponsorship eligibility searches in accordance with CAM’s sponsorship policy.
- Maintain up to date advertising schedule for CJMRP and recruit and grow advertisers.
- Track and maintain subscribers in the CJMRP and other lists as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Member Services and Communications Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating the full cycle of events, both online and in-person (minimum 2 + years’ experience in event planning).
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in events planning, marketing, communications, or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Ability to accomplish projects with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant online tools, social media, and mobile apps.
- Bilingual in English and French (verbal and written) is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems.
- Fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of midwifery and/or reproductive health in Canada.
Working Conditions & Location
- Temporarily remote, must be based in Montreal.
- Permanent position, 21 hours/week. Additional hours as required (possibility for some weekend/evening work around certain events).
- Occasional travel within Canada required.
ApplicationsPlease follow these instructions:
- Send your CV and a cover letter in one PDF document and ensure that your first and last name and “EventsCoordinator” are included in the file name. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Send your PDF by email with the subject “Events Coordinator Application” to [email protected]
- Deadline for applications is 5pm Eastern Time on May 23, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.