About this Opportunity
As Manager of Finance, you will provide timely and accurate support to the Controller and leadership to overall financial systems. The Finance Manager is responsible for carrying out day-to-day accounting functions and providing support for the financial management of project activities with accuracy, transparency, and due diligence.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the information technology is maintained through diagnosing and resolving computer related issues and liaising with vendors and making recommendations on improvement of the computer infrastructure environment. In collaboration with Development Team, you will ensure that the constituent and gift information system (Raiser’s Edge) is maintained with high level of control, and data integrity.
To thrive in this role, you will have a strong accounting background, the ability to interpret key financial information and be a hands-on team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for accounts payable, including record keeping, vendor statement reconciliations, filing, archiving and anticipated cash-flow requirements.
- Responsible for accurately recording expenses, ensuring proper back up documentation for charges incurred with corporate charge cards and ensuring timely payment of monthly statements.
- Bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, perform account analysis, and other balance sheet items in preparation for the monthly and quarterly financial statements. Follow up on outstanding reconciliation items.
- Establish month end donations receivable based on various external reports such as CanadaHelps, CauseVox, PayPal, Echoage….) and record gift processing fees.
- Prepare schedules for Audit, provide necessary documents and clear queries from Auditors and assist the Controller to get the annual audit completed on time.
- Open new accounting period, year-end closing in SAGE.
- Develop import templates for importing journal entries in SAGE.
- Settlement of Forex in the absence of Controller to the beneficiaries.
- Set up Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) templates for payment to vendors.
- Responsible to make physical bank deposits (as required).
- Perform budget data import into SAGE and perform forecast.
- Assist Development team to budget gift processing fees.
- Administration of ACCPAC Accounting system including User Setup, A/P, G/L, and System upgrades.
- Coordinate with Managed Services Company (XBASE) for new user set up and changes.
- Ensure computers and related peripherals, including networks, are properly maintained and replaced in accordance with approved budget and plans.
- Coordinate with XBASE to resolve issues whenever intervention is required.
- Coordinate with service providers or licensers for software or system renewal/upgrade /maintenance/ enhancement (for example: AP automation) and is responsible for new system implementation.
- Provide backup services to the Data Base Manager during her/his absence to create user accounts, constituent-based data and modifying query/reports based on requirement.
- Develop query and reports for user department, if required for data analysis and decision making.
- Oversee tax receipting production (including on-line e-receipts and consolidated receipts).
- Ensure currency with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules, regulations and guidance to ensure that all tax receipts are issued in accordance with the Income Tax Act.
- Develop and oversee annual project planning for consolidated receipts. This includes: create static query, determine the number and amount for different segments of consolidated receipts and ensure that the actual receipts generated for the segments match to the predetermined number. If there are differences identify the reason and ensure that the differences are addressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ideally you possess 6 to 8 years of related financial management and accounting experience supporting programs and partner financial reporting, analysis and activities.
- You have relevant education such as a Bachelor of Commerce degree, or equivalent with a specialization in Finance/Accounting and relevant work experience. You hold or are currently pursuing a CPA designation.
- Ideally demonstrated financial management experience gained from working within a non-profit or charity.
- Familiar with charitable regulations in Canada;
- A high level of proficiency with SAGE (AccPac) accounting software plus general knowledge of other packages such as QuickBooks, Raiser’s Edge, Simply Accounting, ADP payroll, etc. is part of your skill set.
- Knowledge of ASPE and ASNPO. High degree of knowledge of Financial Management. Knowledge and experience in financial management practices in international offices and knowledge of program management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work. Ability to work in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision. Strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure while seeking values-driven and team-based results.
- Willing and able to travel within Canada on short term assignments.
- Desire to make a sustainable difference while having fun in the process!
Interested? Please quote the position title in the subject line and submit your resume and cover letter to by January 7, 2022: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. This position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed the Children (CFTC) is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of our community. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility or Accommodation process at CFTC, please contact our People and Culture Department.
Interested? Please quote the position title in the subject line and submit your resume and cover letter to by January 7, 2022: [email protected]a
décembre 23, 2021
janvier 7, 2022
Postes permanents à temps plein
Canadian Feed the Children
Partager cette publication: