Site: MaRS Discovery Tower
Department: Finance – Grand Challenges Canada
Hours: 37.5 per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. Funded by the Government of Canada and other partners, Grand Challenges Canada funds innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas Grand Challenges Canada supports integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – known as Integrated Innovation®.
One of the largest impact-first investors in Canada, and with a feminist investment approach, Grand Challenges Canada has supported a pipeline of over 1,000 innovations in 95 countries. Grand Challenges Canada estimates that these innovations have the potential to save up to 1.6 million lives and improve up to 35 million lives by 2030.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance Programs, the Finance Partner (FP) position will play an integral part of the Finance – Programs Team, overseeing a portfolio of programs/initiatives. Working closely with the Programs and Investment teams, the FP provides financial support during the lifecycle of projects (pre-award, during project period, and post-award) to innovators. As a FP, you are an adaptable, proactive individual with a strong willingness to learn and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The responsibilities of the FP include budget reviews, institutional risk assessments, innovator financial report reviews, providing advice and guidance to the Programs/Investment teams and innovators, program budget support, etc.
• Strong communications and writing skills to effectively provide advice and guidance to the Programs/Investment teams and Innovators
• Complete due diligence assessments on organizations to ensure they have the capability to administer GCC’s funding
• Review and approve innovator’s budgets during the negotiation period, and review amended budgets during the life of the project
• Review and approve innovator’s financial reports, recommending payments
• Create and update budget and financial reporting templates and guidelines for innovators
• Lead and present at financial information sessions for innovators
• Travel up to 10%, completing institutional risk assessments and financial capacity building sessions on site with innovators (travel has been paused due to the current COVID-19 situation)
• Other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Completion of a Canadian recognized accounting designation (CPA)
• Fluency in French will be considered a strong asset
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience preferably with grant management or non-profit experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with the Programs team, funding agencies, and all levels within GCC
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, and have demonstrated excellence in organizing and prioritizing workflow in a fast paced and high-volume environment
• Ability to execute projects with minimum supervision and to complete work within required deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Strong analytical skills, knowledge, and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification and resolution of grant administration issues
• Knowledge of Canadian GAAP, accounting, bookkeeping, laws, regulations, agency policies and guidelines, other requirements that affect grant program administrators
• Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports
• Ability to monitor expenditures and maintain data
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
septembre 24, 2021
Partager cette publication: