The Fundraising Manager is an integral HelpAge Canada team member who will develop persuasive funding propositions for a range of potential funders from individuals to institutional donors. They will build relationships and donor care practices that maintain and grow funding streams and sources for the charity. They will also work closely with a Communications Manager and Directors to ensure that the impact stories and communication tools necessary to support fundraising efforts are in place.
Playing a critical role as part of a small but ambitious team, the Fundraising Manager embraces innovative approaches to promoting and empowering community-based services agencies that help aging adults live with dignity.
The role suits someone who is self-motivated, outgoing, and focused on quality relationship development. They will be able to balance the high levels of interpersonal engagement required with the administrative responsibilities and grant/ funding proposal identification and response writing. They are tech-savvy to leverage a CRM to support fundraising, manage a pipeline, and work with a team in a semi-virtual environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Fundraising strategy development and implementation
- Donor/ funder identification and relationship development
- Donor/ funder stewardship
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct donor prospect research, initiate, and conduct direct outreach and solicitation, independently and/or in partnership with the CEO or other members of the HelpAge Canada leadership team
- Introduce and provide leadership to HelpAge Canada to embrace new funding approaches, working collaboratively with colleagues to build a prospect pipeline
- Develop and manage a portfolio of donor prospects, creating tailored strategies to manage relationships, maximize income, and secure longevity of relationships
- Provide overall management of donors, ensuring quality control over key reports and proposals; timely communications in line with plans, meeting granting requirements, and keeping donor records up-to-date
- Ensure an effective donor management system is in place and develops effective cultivation and stewardship plans
- Work with colleagues across HelpAge Canada to build compelling cases for support and inspiring propositions for different audiences ranging from individual donors, high net worth individuals, trust & foundations, and corporate donor prospects
- Identify and coordinate responses to government and other grants/ funding applications, coordinating with other relevant parties as necessary
- With the Communications Manager, ensure effective communications are developed for HelpAge Canada’s key donors including writing regular emails, annual review content, social media content, presentations, marketing resources, etc.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report against fundraising plans and budgets to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded in all areas
- Coordinate all requests for donations made through the website and other external fundraising platforms.
- Coordinate direct mail and e-appeals for donations/ fundraising
- Work within a CRM and ensure it is set up to effectively support fundraising
- Oversee the Sponsor A Grandparent Coordinator and provide leadership to this sponsorship program
- Comply with all charitable fundraising legislation and keep abreast of key changes
- Responsible for your own administration and ensuring donor information on our database is accurate.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in sales, fundraising, or a related field
- 5 years experience working in a similar role
- A track record in securing large donations and grants from corporations, individuals, and/or trusts and foundations
- Able to demonstrate a creative, innovative approach to fundraising in order to develop new income streams and diversify the fundraising mix within a small team
- Strong relationship manager, with excellent communication skills and experience brokering new relationships at various levels of organizations
- Proven experience in giving donors and funders outstanding customer care.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English; additional language proficiency is desirable, in particular, French
- Exceptional business writing skills to respond to proposals and funding applications
- Confident and persuasive, with a flair for creating inspiring proposals and pitches
- Strong technical skills to work within a donor management CRM
- Experience with sponsorship programs is considered an asset
- Knowledge of international development and/or aging adult issues
- A team player who exhibits and embraces HelpAge Canada’s values
About HelpAge Canada:
Vision: A world in which all older persons lead secure, healthy, active, and dignified lives.
Mission: HelpAge Canada funds community-based initiatives through its partnerships locally and abroad to improve the lives of older persons and their communities. We develop innovative projects and lead network-wide collaborations designed to create a world in which all persons age with dignity.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to [email protected] by April 8 at 5pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted