At Operation Eyesight, we offer a gift – the gift of sight. Through the dedication of staff, donors, and partners, Operation Eyesight brings sight-restoration and blindness prevention treatment to people around the world. The mission of Operation Eyesight resonates in the passion and commitment of our team, both in Canada and internationally. If you’d like to be part of this gift-giving mission, apply today and support our mission For All The World To See.
Reporting to the CFO, (working closely with the Donor Relations, Marketing/Communications and International Programs teams), the Intermediate Accountant is responsible for maintaining ledgers and accounting systems which enable the accurate daily, monthly and annually tracking and reporting of the financial activities of the organization.
- Participate in annual budgeting process for head office and international programmes. Review and compile international budgets and work with CFO to review overall budget before Board approval
- Work closely with Senior Manager, International Finance & Admin (located in India) to maintain and review budget tracking against budget for International Programmes
- Maintain and update International staff salaries and contracts
- Manage project codes in Great Plains and coordinate with Donor Services Coordinator
- Participate in the following monthly procedures:
- Review international bank statements and reconciliations from International offices and reconcile prepaid expenses
- Post monthly revenue in Great Plains and complete revenue reconciliation between Great Plains and Salesforce
- Maintain wire transfer provider database, add new vendors, compile wire transfer payments from international and send out for approval
- Maintain CMO accounts with CIBC and transfer as necessary
- Record previous month wire transfer payments into Great Plains with monthly Fx rates
- Record appropriate month end journal entries
- Prepare Restricted Fund Balance Report and send to CFO
- Review new funding agreements and Memorandums of Understanding from International Programmes and provide revisions
- Review budgets for proposals and grant reports and provide comments as necessary
- Provide ad hoc stewardship expense summaries for donors based on request from Advancement team
- Participate in the following year end procedures:
- Post international related year end journal entries
- Assist with preparing working papers and audit binder
- Correspond with auditors before, during and after audit
- Assist with preparing financial statements and making updates to financials as per auditors
- Meetings with CFO and other staff as necessary
- Communicate with International Team as necessary. Regular meetings with International Finance & Admin managers in each country.
- Keeping up to speed with current international projects and status
- Maintain Amp Impact database with financial information for International projects
- Update and maintain International Finance Policies
Operation Eyesight’s values:
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in finance or business administration with a focus on accounting.
- A minimum three years related experience in an accounting role.
- Candidates must have CPA designation or be in pursuit of such.
- Understanding of Salesforce and/or Great Plains software is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and utilization of all Microsoft programs and products.
- Strong Communication Skills – both verbal and written
- Strong Organizational & Time Management Skills
- High level of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines often under stressful and time-lined circumstances
- Able to work independently using initiative with minimal supervision, while also able to contribute to a team process
- Sound discretion / sensitivity in handling highly confidential information
This is a full time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits program, excellent working environment, and room for growth. We offer a flexible work environment and competitive compensation for the successful candidate.
If this opportunity sounds like one you’d like to pursue, please submit your resume by December 18, 2020, to [email protected]
More information about Operation Eyesight may be found on our website at www.operationeyesight.com