Position: Investment Associate (Humanitarian)
Site: MaRS Discovery District (currently working remotely due to COVID19)
Department: Grand Challenges Canada – Humanitarian Grand Challenge
Reports to: Investment Manager (Humanitarian)
Status: Permanent Full-Time Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking an Investment Associate to support a growing portfolio of TTS investments for the Creating Hope in Conflict Humanitarian Grand Challenge.
GCC, funded by the Government of Canada, is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives.
“Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge” is a partnership of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), the Government of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Grand Challenges Canada. Together, we seek life-saving or life-improving innovations to help the most vulnerable and hardest-to-reach people impacted by humanitarian crises caused by conflict.
We are a motivated, dedicated and diverse team who are seeking someone to fill this new role. The key functions are about supporting and monitoring innovators, helping sign contacts with them. We care about improving the humanitarian system through supporting people who have great ideas.
Formally reporting to the Investment Manager and working closely with the Director of Humanitarian Innovation, Program Associate, Program Analyst and the broader Humanitarian Innovation team, the Investment Associate plays a key role in developing, shaping and managing a growing portfolio of TTS investments in innovative products, services and implementation models, while providing critical support to the Investment Manager on deal negotiations, grant and contract management, monitoring progress and outcomes of projects and contributing to portfolio analyses.
• Plan negotiation process: determine work plan, coordinate team and contractors, and mitigate risks as needed
• Engage in negotiations of term sheets and their translation into investment agreements, including the development of appropriate funding structures
• Ensure fiscal deadlines and department objectives are achieved, adjusting the work plan as needed with minimal strategic input from the Investment Manager.
• Flag and raise issues and recommend course of action to resolve problems
• Prioritize as needs change
• Answer project-related questions from grantees (i.e innovators) and contractors (typically people who support innovators)
• Be the primary point of contact for grantee nominees
• Process, coordinate and draft grant and contract amendments
• Review critical project milestones and issue recommendation for payment
• Monitor key project milestones achievement
• Enable the achievement of project results by grantees
• Lead collection of reports and validation
• Develop documents for governance groups
• Lead ongoing quality improvement processes
• Recommend potential improvements and coordinate with relevant team members to test, adopt and communicate new changes
• Support the development and execution of organizational work plans, critical paths, processes, roles and responsibilities, change control, documentation design, risk mitigation/contingencies, with minimal strategic input from Investment Managers
• A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent life experience
• Experience of program support and/or grant administration experience
• Project Management experience preferred; certification an asset
• Experience working in a start-up is an asset
• Demonstrated proficiency with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software (including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite)
• Knowledge of corporate finance and investments an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to impact; proactive, balancing planning and execution
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a team
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. People with lived experiences of humanitarian crisis are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: November 19, 2020 Closing Date: December 10, 2020
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
novembre 26, 2020
Partager cette publication: