Manager, Marketing & Communications
CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
About the role:
CARE Canada is looking for a Manager, Marketing & Communications
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, Communications & Annual Giving, the Manager, Marketing and Communications is a key member of the Public Engagement team and is responsible for oversight and strategy of CARE’s constituent engagement channels, managing CARE Canada’s Ambassador Program, and managing day-to-day media relations. The incumbent is also expected to manage internal corporate communications, and to provide support to other units on communications and media.
You will be home-based, at a location of your choosing, in Canada and must have the legal right to work in Canada.
Because of the nature of the work, demands are fast-paced and unpredictable. To thrive in this job, you will need to be flexible and be willing to both lead and work as part of a close-knit team when needed.
Gender is at the heart of CARE’s mandate, and therefore at the center of everything we do. You must have a strong commitment to gender equality and be keen to learn more about how this fits into the work that we do.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Public Engagement
- Manage CARE Canada Ambassador Program, including development and retention of external ambassadors, social influencers, champions etc.
- Develop and manage marketing programs and campaigns for influencers, champions and other constituents, including relationships with bloggers, soft media, relevant organizations, coalitions and various partners that will promote CARE
- Develop and execute events to increase public engagement and visibility of CARE brand and key spokespeople including panels, webinars and public town halls
- Responsible for oversight and strategy of CARE’s owned constituent engagement channels including CARE.ca, social channels, and media products (e.g. CARE podcast)
- Work with Brand Experience Officer to optimize web and landing pages, track conversions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Explore new unpaid avenues/audiences for distribution of branded content
- Media Relations
- Manages day-to-day relations with the media and works towards mutually-beneficial long-term relationships with journalists
- Designs and manages roster of internal spokespeople, trains and prepares spokespeople for media interactions
- Writes, edits and adapts materials (statements, releases, OpEd pitches) for journalists
- Monitor and optimize media program metrics (e.g. reach, impressions, influence)
- Connects with CARE International media staff, spokespeople and liaisons for coordinated messaging and media
- Corporate Communications and Brand
- Manage program of internal updates to staff through written and video messages (Teams notes, SLT/CEO updates, internal newsletter)
- Write and publish corporate statements and updates
- Manage internal and external brand tools and messaging including brand guides, target audience personas and market research
- Manage relationship with media agencies
- Oversee corporate web site and social channels
- Responsible for annual report content and project management
- Provide support to other units on communications and media
- Participate and input into departmental budgets, performance targets and evaluation measures
- Promote harmonious and productive working relationships as a member of a team
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a marketing, communications or public engagement role and people management experience
- Experience with campaigns, media or public relations
- Knowledge of web and social media platforms and best practices
- Strong data manipulation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with social media strategy, execution and measurement
- Basic graphic design skills for web
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain key external relationships
- Minimum college diploma or university degree in marketing, computer science, web development or equivalent experience
- This role is both strategic and tactical and requires a hands on, positive approach
- Be data driven and results oriented
- Capable of working under pressure
- Flexible and handles new challenges with a positive approach
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguous situations and find solutions
- Quick learner with aptitude for acquiring new technical skills (and sharing them with others)
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please apply directly here. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once a candidate has been identified. Don’t wait to apply!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.