Are you passionate about diversity, inclusion and positive social transformation?
Do you enjoy reaching a diverse audience and communicating in plain language?
Are you interested in helping a social enterprise and build strategies?
If yes, we invite you to apply for our summer internship position at SEASONOVA.
SEASONOVA offers consulting services for governments and not for profit organizations with a focus on intersectionality including GBA Plus, and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the functional areas of: research, monitoring and evaluation, policy and program analysis, and adult education with a particular focus on participatory learning and experiential approaches.
SEASONOVA’s approach is underpinned by a commitment and belief that good public policy is rooted in evidence and is both inclusive and participatory. This approach is solutions-based, relevant and accountable. We aim to support the development and implementation of people-centric policies, programs and services, and agile and equitable systems.
The Marketing Coordinator intern reports to the CEO/Principal Consultant and will support the CEO in finalizing and implementing the company’s brand strategy and service offerings.
They will engage in market research and lead the development of a marketing strategy for the social enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the CEO in finalizing and implementing the company’s brand strategy and service offerings. This includes developing communications plans and deliverables such as a calendar, brochures, digital assets, and website updates.
• Conduct market research of similar consulting firms/social enterprises to inform marketing efforts, and develop presentation of findings
• Develop a marketing plan, including timelines, schedule(s), and associated templates such as Canva templates, newsletters, social media (e.g., LinkedIn posts), brochures, etc
• Research and develop database of prospective client data, and provide recommendations to CEO
• Perform other related, ad-hoc duties as required such as: attend staff meetings, complete professional development training, attend mentoring sessions, connect with stakeholders.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Completed post-secondary education (graduate studies an asset) in communications,
graphic design, or management
• Strong research skills with background in quantitative or qualitative research
• Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and the Google Workspace
• Previous experience developing communications products using Adobe or Canva
• Strong written communication skills with relevant previous experience
• Experience with accessible documents and plain language is an asset
• Reliable and able to work independently or in a team
• With intercultural skills and values diversity and inclusion
• Fluency in English (French is an asset)
• Can complete deliverables on time
• Remote work – must have own access to a computer and reliable internet
• Business casual, Monday to Friday
• Flexible working hours
• Pro-longed periods of sitting, computer use
• Minimal physical effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job
• Must be able to work respectfully under pressure, and to multi-task
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANADA SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM:
• Must be between 18 and 30 years of age
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for
the duration of the employment
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally
entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial
legislation and regulations
• Not a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the
Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
• International students are not eligible participants.
• For more information about Canada Summer Jobs:
SEASONOVA strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are
committed to these principles, as well as to contribute to the response to Truth and
Reconciliation Calls to Action. We work from a place of respect and restoration. Your privacy
is also important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for
employment. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Position Type: Internship
Fixed term for 8 weeks.
Rate: $18.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay and $25 internet allowance per paycheque
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Number of Positions to Fill: 1 position
Application: Open until filled
Anticipated internship: June 13, 2022 to August 5, 2022
To apply: Send 2-3 examples of communications products, a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
juin 2, 2022
juin 13, 2022
Partager cette publication: