Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Advisor
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Advisor, you will work with the Director, Protection, Gender Equality & Community Engagement (PGIE) and Quality Management (QM), the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Advisor is responsible for coordinating leading the evaluation portfolio and provide PMER support to services delivered within the Society with a primary focus on services delivered internationally.
As a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Advisor you will:
- Ensure quality evaluation elements are included in the project planning phase including participatory evaluation approaches involving communities where projects will be implemented. Provide support in designing baseline surveys and other data collection tools for specific projects.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance for Evaluation design, methodology, consultants, engagement of effected populations, and support to sister National Societies.
- Provides, adapts or develop tools for Evaluation Tracking, Management Response accountability, Consultancy ToRs, assessments, reports, etc.
- Ensures continuous capacity building and mentorship to operational teams for Evaluations.
- Provides training and facilitation support to operational teams and National Societies as necessary.
- In collaboration with operational teams, National Societies, technical advisors and external consultants when needed, document lessons learned and best practices from programming, including dissemination plans
Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Provides Planning, Monitoring and Reporting technical support and oversight to services delivered internationally in alignment with Results Based Management (RBM) practices and Red Cross and Red Crescent PMER guidelines.
- Support and provide technical support to operations and project teams for project design, development of theories of change, and logic models.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in statistics/development research related field, economics, anthropology, social science or a combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years solid experience in planning, research, monitoring and evaluation of international projects.
- Proven track record and expertise in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems in international development within a results-based management context.
- Demonstrated experience in developing tools and processes, providing technical support and quality assurance, and facilitating learning.
- Excellent skills and extensive experience in developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bilingual in English and French is required, with Spanish and Arabic language skills considered value add.
- Advance knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Advance knowledge and usage experience of statistical software is mandatory. Good knowledge of relevant software applications (Office, Access, Project, Power BI or similar)
- Strong knowledge of donor requirements and formats pertaining to results frameworks.
- The majority of work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment.
- May be required to some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
- This position requires domestic and overseas travel. Travel can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts and requiring very strict adherence to security regulations.
- Must be able to be Medical Cleared for travel in accordance with established CRC Medical criteria in positions where travel will be required.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
To apply for this position, visit this page.
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.