Program Coordinator – Access to Medicine
The Access to Medicine Program Coordinator is an integral part of the Programs and Operations team, and a key position to the success and deliver of efficient operational services. S/he is responsible for the coordination and management of HPIC’s medicine donation initiatives/shipments. S/he is also responsible for establishing, maintaining relationships with NGO partners and humanitarian medical missions interested in receiving medicine donations for their health projects overseas.
Terms: Full time
Reporting to: Director, Programs
Base Location: Dollard-des-Ormeaux (QC) or Oakville (ON)
HPIC is a Canadian registered charity dedicated to increasing access to medicine and improving health for the world’s most vulnerable people. HPIC works with Canada’s pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to treat about 1 million people every year through a well-established network of Canadian volunteers and global partners. HPIC equips medical mission teams, stocks clinics and hospitals in impoverished communities, mobilizes medical relief during emergencies and builds local capacity. For more information, visit www.hpicanada.ca
The Access to Medicine Program Coordinator is an integral part of the Programs and Operations team, and a key position to the success and deliver of efficient operational services. S/he is responsible for the coordination and management of HPIC’s medicine donation initiatives/shipments. S/he is also responsible for establishing, maintaining and facilitating relationships with NGO partners and humanitarian medical missions interested in receiving medicine donations for their health projects overseas. A particular focus of this role is to ensure HPIC’s operational excellence in the provision of donated medicines by the continuous improvement across all aspects of collaborative partnerships and logistical processes, inventory and supply chain management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Coordination
- Under the access to medicines program, manage HPIC’s Humanitarian Medical Kit Program (primary care, specialized care) and bulk shipments of medical products to health projects overseas.
- Create and plan shipments of medicine donations and work with the operations team to ensure that all shipments are completed in a timely manner.
- Review inventory and make recommendations on product utilization, appropriateness and further requests to industry donors.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, provide leadership and strategic direction to the access to medicine program.
- Develop and maintain procedures and tools related to medicine donations.
- In collaboration with the Program teams, develop an annual forecast of medicine needs for all projects.
- Collect reports from partners and prepare donor reports and summaries as required.
- Partnership Management
- Establish and maintain relationships with other organizations and understand their projects and needs for donated medicines and medical supplies.
- Oversee all aspects of partnership management from due diligence vetting, agreement development, needs assessment, as well as monitoring and accountability.
- Coordinate and share medicine offers with partners and in collaboration with other program coordinators, determine acceptance and allocation of offers based on needs and priorities.
- Research and develop relationships with new partners based on program priorities and product opportunities.
- Develop and implement new projects and initiatives that focus on improving access to medicine.
- Ensure adequate monitoring and reporting for all initiatives and projects.
- Other Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of fact sheets, presentations and other program materials as needed.
- Participate in HPIC’s emergency response work, when required.
- Represent HPIC in external meetings and events.
- Contribute to strategic planning in the area of medicine donations.
- Undertake projects and other duties as assigned by the Programs Director.
Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Education: college diploma level and/or a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Relevant work experience in customer service, administrative/logistical support. Background in health services, an asset.
- Familiarity or experience working in a non-profit environment or in warehouse operations.
- Detail-oriented and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively within established deadlines.
- Resourceful and good problem-solving acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Good knowledge of French would be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and D365.
- Ability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel.
- Commitment to HPIC’s mission, vision and values.
The salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is open to individuals legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume, a cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected] by 25 May 2023. Please quote “Application for Access to Medicine Program Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
mai 18, 2023
mai 25, 2023
Postes permanents à temps plein
Dollard-des-Ormeaux (QC) or Oakville (ON)
Health Partners International of Canada
Partager cette publication: