Program Manager Ukraine Response
Veterinarians without Borders/ Vétérinaires sans Frontières – Canada (VWB) is a charitable, humanitarian organization whose mission is to work for, and with, those in need to foster the health of animals, people, and the environments that sustain us. More information about the organization can be found at www.vetswithoutborders.ca.
The emergency response program manager will provide oversight to the Ukraine response operations. This position requires up to 30% travel.
Strategic Program Management and Implementation
- Lead the development of project implementation plans, strategy, spending plans, project agreements, contracts and MOUs;
- Ensure that gaps, challenges and opportunities for programming are strategically identified
- Coordinate with other humanitarian response and animal welfare actors to ensure program design is done in a collaborative fashion
- Conduct due diligence review all potential local partnering organizations
- Lead the timely and quality delivery of all response operations on the ground and/or remotely
- Ensure the program budget is well managed and monitored as per compliance requirements set out by VWB Canada as well as work with VWB Canada Finance Department to submit and seek approval on all major budget revisions;
- Conduct final review and approval of project level financial reports with partners
- Monitor project implementation to ensure that all project activities are on schedule and adhere to VWB Canada policies and procedures;
- Prepare and submit program technical reports, capturing results and lessons learned;
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning **
- Ensure high-quality programming that achieves impact through consistent focus on monitoring, evaluation and learning in program planning and implementation.
- Develop, implement, and oversee data collection instruments and conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Develop templates to document learning including dissemination plans
- Mobilize resources: Identify and cultivate prospective regional multilateral, corporate, foundation, and individual donors, promoting and identifying new and creative resource streams for
- Write, review and edit proposal narratives, concept notes, donor reports, and other business/program development documents
- Review proposals and supporting documentation and annexes for accuracy and compliance with donor regulations as required
Representation & Communication
- Act as VWB Canada’s principal external representative for the region with a range of key donors, policy makers, governments, public and private partners, and news media.
- Attend and participate in external meetings, workshops, conferences relevant to the program
- Support Public Engagement activities and provide input for the website updates and ways of profiling VWB Canada to a wider audience.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years management experience working in challenging humanitarian contexts
- Documented skills in needs assessment, project planning, design and technical writing
- Experience working with local partners/government authorities and UN organizations
- Previous experience working in Ukraine an asset
- Previous experience working in Animal Health an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English
- Desirable to speak Polish or Ukrainian
- Strong organizational skills. ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis
- Demonstrated intercultural sensitivity and effective interpersonal skills
- Resourceful team player who can also be very effective independently
- Familiarity with the One Health concept an asset
- Available ASAP
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter by April 8th however applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Verinarians Without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontières is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team. We are committed to inclusive and equitable employment practices and strive to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
VWB/VSF Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
mars 29, 2022
avril 8, 2022
Postes permanents à temps plein
Vétérinaires sans Frontières
Partager cette publication: