Programs & Operations Officer
IDRF is a Canadian charitable organization dedicated to empowering the disadvantaged people of the world. IDRF is recruiting for a Program Officer to oversee a diverse global portfolio of emergency relief & sustainable development programs. This position is based at our Toronto head office.
Reporting to IDRF’s Program Lead and under the guidance of the IDRF Sr. Director of Programs & Operations, the Programs & Operations Officer will oversee a diverse global portfolio of emergency relief and sustainable development programming and grow the organization’s programming activities through the development of effective proposal submissions. The Officer will also support the operational duties within the organization which include interdepartmental workflow, seasonal project implementation and administrative tasks for the Sr. Director of Programs & Operations. The position will be at IDRF’s headquarters in Toronto, Canada, with field travel required. Specific duties include:
- Facilitate extensive narrative and financial reporting, needs assessments, project monitoring, and evaluation activities, and provide direction and control to overseas projects.
- Submit grants and partnership opportunities, and substantiate with information on risk, timelines, and required resources.
- Collaborate with international partners to launch innovative programming in IDRF’s development and humanitarian sectors.
- Support partner organizations in understanding and complying with donor agreements and IDRF guidelines and requirements.
- Author ongoing reports to funders on project progress and ensure adherence to donor reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement results-based management and performance measurement frameworks.
- Foster and strengthen overseas and local partnerships, and maintain regular communication with overseas partners.
- Ensure that appropriate project records are maintained to provide a sound basis for project tracking, reporting, and follow-up.
- Foster participatory and rights-based approaches in all IDRF initiatives and ensure transformative gender analysis of all project initiatives.
- Proactively respond to funding opportunities by authoring effective and compelling Letters of Intent (LOIs), project proposals, and budgets, and ensure the timely submission of a top-quality final proposal.
- Provide operational support to leadership in the Programs Department related growing its internal capacities and facilitating coordination with other departments.
- Provides administrative assistance: planning and organizing meetings, authoring program briefs and supervising volunteers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Educational background in a discipline related to IDRF’s core development and humanitarian action areas. Evidence of relevant ongoing professional development is an asset.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a similar role with a recognized emergency relief or international development organization in managing, monitoring, and evaluating humanitarian development projects (required).
- Demonstrated experience developing budgets, compiling and analyzing narrative and financial reports produced by field partners, and ensuring strict compliance with donor contribution agreements.
- Demonstrated skill and experience working with accountability frameworks such as Logframes, RBM, PMF and similar donor reporting modalities.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing successful funding applications for the Government of Canada preferred. Experience working with other international donors (such as UN agencies) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated grant management experience
- High proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to deliver educational programs to community groups.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet urgent deadlines.
- Highly independent and able to work in a leadership role with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and diplomacy skills.
- Valid Canadian passport and a willingness to undertake occasional international travel for visits to overseas partners.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Click here to apply!