Project Manager, International Programs
Looking to become an integral member of an organization with an international mission? Want to team up with a foundation that’s famous for its social mission and the impact it has on the world? Known far and wide for your organizational skills and results-oriented approach? Want to invest your time and energy into a work environment that’s both stimulating and experiencing strong growth? Are you a bit of legend when it comes to project management? Well then, welcome to the ONE DROP Foundation!
The ONE DROP Foundation is looking for a Project Manager, International Programs to oversee the many major projects and initiatives that are being implemented by executing partners in the WASH sector (water, sanitation, and hygiene) to accelerate rural development on a global scale. Reporting to the Senior Director, International Programs, you’ll work on various large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects that use a social art approach to behaviour change to ensure sustainable access to safe water in vulnerable communities around the world.
Why choose us?
An ambitious and dynamic non-profit created in 2007 by Guy Laliberté—founder of Cirque du Soleil—ONE DROP is an organization that works to ensure that everyone has access to water, today and forever.
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary actions by exceptional people. Paving the way into uncharted and inspiring territory, our people seek to turn the challenges they face into opportunities. Are you one of these leaders? Do your energy, passion, and determination motivate and inspire those around you? Then come join our team of exceptional humans!
Under the supervision of the Director, International Programs, you’ll:
- Oversee all projects assigned to you and, acting as a facilitator, see to it that all results performance, and financial monitoring targets are met
- Support the integration of, as well as the synergy between, all three prongs of the One Drop Foundation’s (www.onedrop.org) A·B·C for SustainabilityTM model:
- A is for access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene services (WASH)
- B stands for the Social Art for Behaviour ChangeTM (SABC) approach
- C refers to the capital component of the foundation’s projects (entrepreneurship, revenue-generating activities, and microfinance)
- Facilitate the coordination of stakeholders (governments, financial partners, implementing partners, strategic partners) to capitalize on in-house and local expertise, maximizing the impact of WASH projects by deploying the SABC model and a systems thinking approach
- While implementing projects in our intervention areas, coordinate and provide strategic technical assistance to executing partners
- Advise on, and follow up with, executing partners regarding project implementation plans, annual work plans, etc.
- Continuously analyze the impact of projects for which you’re responsible, specifically project results, and advise on the implementation of any measures needed to achieve them
- Guided by the One Drop Foundation’s financial analysts, assist in monitoring how the budget is being managed across projects in your portfolio, analyzing the financial reports of our partners, and executing a timely payment schedule
- As necessary, help prepare and follow up on project committee meetings
- Assist in evaluating and systemizing expertise, developing knowledge products, standardizing processes, as well as drafting recommendations and guidelines regarding lessons learned
- Support the Director, Corporate Communications in distributing communications-related content
- Across projects, ensure compliance with the One Drop Foundation’s gender policy
- Contribute to and energize the One Drop Foundation’s community of practice through a systems thinking approach and developing tools—including digital ones
- As needed, assist in the development of the One Drop Foundation’s programs and systems approach, in addition to helping launch new programs
- Understand and comply with the administrative rules and procedures of the One Drop Foundation—e.g., our code of ethics
- At least 5-7 years in a similar role and a proven track record of designing, overseeing, managing, and implementing multi-partner international development projects
- WASH sector (water, sanitation, and hygiene) experience in community or institutional settings (schools, health care centres, etc.)
- Well-versed in rural development, especially revenue-generating activities, entrepreneurship, and access to microfinance
- A proven track record of overseeing the budget of major projects, as well as monitoring and analyzing result indicators
- Experience with projects that advance gender equality
- Knowledge of social art and behaviour change
- Work and partnership experience with Indigenous-led organizations in Canada
- Experience with a public or private funder
- Experience with climate resilience projects
- Field experience delivering projects in Africa, Latin America, or Asia (India)
- Fluent in Spanish
- University degree in international development, project management, or business administration, with a degree in any other relevant disciplines being considered
- Excellent French and English, both written and oral
- Command of SharePoint
- Mastery of virtual meeting platforms (Teams and Zoom)
We’re looking for a friendly person who shares our values
- Entrepreneurial, bold, engaged, creative, collaborative, curious, responsible, meticulous, and results-oriented
- Ability to harness collective intelligence in a multi-partner, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multi-tasking abilities
- Fabulous interpersonal and intercultural skills with diverse stakeholders
At ONE DROP, we take care of our employees
- Flexible work schedule and possibility of working remotely
- Group insurance plan (drug, medical, vision, dental, travel, disability, life)
- Group RRSP after 6 months on the job
- “Dialogue” telemedicine platform providing access to online health specialists
- Employee assistance program (access to confidential consultation services)
- Social committee and group activities
- Summer hours
- This position does not require travel
- Secure bike parking and other benefits!
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Thank you to all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.