Regional Program Advisor, Latin America And The Caribbean
Location: Ottawa, Ontario (currently remote-working)
Reports to: Head of Programs (HoP), LAC and Asia
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Bargaining Unit Status: Included
Classification: Band 4
Language requirements: Bilingualism (English & Spanish) is essential
Eligibility: Local National; must be legally entitled to work in Canada
SUMMARY The Regional Program Advisor (RPA), Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) will be responsible for supporting country program offices (CPO) in Colombia, Honduras, Jamaica and Peru to maximize the impact of programs and projects. This position will harness expertise in program planning, development of partnerships, reporting on impact and identifying opportunities to increase the impact of country programs in LAC. The RPA, LAC will report to the Head of Programs, LAC (based in Ottawa) and will work closely with CPO as well as with key departments at Cuso International (Cuso) Headquarters (HQ) in Ottawa.
- Advise and provide support to CPO in Colombia, Honduras, Jamaica and Peru with the development and monitoring of impactful programs in LAC, including building CPO skills and capacities related to program development and monitoring
- Support and provide capacity building to CPO in Colombia, Honduras, Jamaica and Peru to ensure strong understanding of tools, processes and systems that support monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) frameworks to monitor, evaluate and report on program impact
- Provide support on the global program quality processes, under guidance of Head of Programs, LAC and HQ MEAL Team
- Contribute to the process of fostering organizational knowledge sharing and learning
- Support HoP, LAC and CPO on the identification and creation of relationships and networks with existing and potential partners to support program development and contribute to increasing Cuso’s profile
- Undertake independent research in identifying program development opportunities and resources for long-term sustainability of Cuso in LAC, suggest innovative approaches and partnerships to maximize impact and expansion of Cuso programming in LAC
- In coordination with the Head of Programs, LAC, CPO and key departments at HQ in Ottawa, take the lead in planning, coordinating, writing and editing relevant program/project development documents, ensuring a participatory and well-organized process
- Support maintenance of relationships with CPO to meet and agree upon program development objectives to support Cuso’s programming in LAC
- University degree in international development or a related field
- Minimum five years’ experience in a relevant field
- A proven track record of program and project design for international development, including experience with results-based management frameworks
- Experience with MEAL systems and frameworks
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and other international development agencies, such as USAID and European Union
- Demonstrated experience drafting program development documents and editing content for various audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Highly organized with great attention to details and good team coordination skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to work irregular hours occasionally (evenings and weekends)
- Willingness to travel when necessary within LAC and abroad when needed
- Written and verbal communication skills in French
- Experience with volunteer cooperation
How to apply!
If Cuso International sounds like the kind of organization that you would like to work for and you have the qualifications for this job, we certainly would like to hear from you! Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Please click the « Apply to Job » button to submit your application quoting competition RPA2021-08 by 5:00 PM EST December 24, 2020 for internal candidates or by 5:00 PM EST January 8, 2021 for external candidates.
Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.