Request for Proposals: Equal Futures Network Project Gender Based Analysis+ (GBA+) Assessment
1.1 The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) is currently seeking a consultant to support CanWaCH’s new initiative, the Equal Futures Network, with a Gender-Based Analysis+ (GBA+) assessment of the Equal Future Network’s capacity and performance on gender equality programming (including a review of our membership’s capacity building needs in this area). Information received from the assessments will be used to guide decisions related to internal training and development, external programming for Equal Futures Network Members as well as content, material and programming for the 2022 Gender Equality Summit. As CanWaCH is a virtual organization, qualified applicants can be based anywhere in Canada.
The Equal Futures Network brings together organizations, agencies and projects from across Canada that are committed to advancing gender equality and social justice. Using innovative approaches, the Network builds partnerships by providing a platform for connection, collaboration and capacity strengthening. The Network is committed to ensuring the full inclusion of a range of stakeholders in Canada, by working alongside experts and representatives from diverse communities with unique perspectives. Our goal is to harness the collective power of organizations working to advance gender equality to shape the national gender equality narrative and ensure equal futures for all.
The Equal Futures Network has strong commitments to advancing gender equality from an inclusive, rights-based and feminist framework. We acknowledge that Indigenous peoples are the traditional guardians of the land and recognize their long standing relationship with this territory. We believe that we have a responsibility to ensure the Equal Futures Network prioritizes reconciliation and decolonization, working with Indigenous peoples and communities, so that the Equal Futures Network can be a space that is reflective of the diversity of the work being done across the country and an inclusive space for all.
2. Project Description and Scope
CanWaCH is seeking a Consultant to:
- Review relevant data and documents including but not limited to;
- Communication materials, etc.;
- Consult with relevant CanWaCH and Equal Futures Network staff, Advisory and Summitt committee, contractors and any other key stakeholders;
- Conduct interviews and focus groups of the various stakeholders, including potentially a survey of Equal Futures Network members (as required);
- Conduct an analysis of the collected information using Gender-Based Analysis+;
- Develop a report for the Equal Futures Network that presents findings and provides recommendations, including tools, guidelines and key references that will support execution of these recommendations for activities and projects similar to the Equal Futures Network.
To fulfill the scope of work, we anticipate that the Consultant will provide approximately 40 hours of work a month (including meetings), to meet project deliverables. Overall number of hours needed will be dependent upon the needs of the Equal Futures Network.
3. Estimated Project Timeline
- Nov 28 11:59 pm EST RFP closes
- Week of Nov 28: Review submissions, select successful Consultant and notify unsuccessful candidates.
- Week of Dec 5: Finalize contract and conduct initial meeting with CanWaCH for comprehensive review of project scope and deliverables
- Week of Dec 12: Commence consulting support, including initial review of key strategic documents, feedback and recommendations
- Dec 12, 2021 – February 14, 2022: Support the ongoing objectives outlined under Section 2. Project Description and Scope.
- Week of Feb 7-14, 2021: Deadline for final report and presentation of results, recommendations and next steps to Equal Futures Network staff.
- Timeline dependent upon meeting availability
- Throughout the project period, CanWaCH and the successful applicant will have regular progress meetings.
4. Submitting a Proposal
To apply, applicants must submit a proposal.
4.1 Proposal to highlight bidder Qualifications
Proposals should be submitted in a digital file (word, PDF, etc.) format and must include the following elements as part of their proposal:
- Briefly describe the proposed team structure, relevant experience, and qualifications.
- Provide the applicant’s full name; organization (if appropriate); contact information, including business address, phone number, email; and website (if appropriate).
GBA+ ASSESSMENT/IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE
- Provide brief narrative examples of the applicant’s experience with other organizations seeking this type of assessment and/or training. Include samples of previous reports or recommendations developed for similar projects.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide a concise technical proposal that outlines how the applicant intends to provide the services requested in this RFP. Describe the process for conducting the necessary assessment, including conceptual framework, sampling, methodology, ethical considerations, outputs, and a tentative timeline/work plan for implementation.
- Provide a proposed budget for the scope of work, including an estimated number of hours. As part of the proposed budget, list each individual who may perform services and their title, the proposed hourly rate, and the level of involvement anticipated for each component. Please note under section 2. Project Description and Scope the anticipated required hours to fulfill this RFP.
REFERENCES and/or TESTIMONIALS
- Provide references and/or testimonials from no more than 3 previous clients, preferably those who have utilized the applicant’s services on matters related to GBA+ assessment.
All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the work described in Section 2. Project Description and Scope of Work.
Throughout the project, CanWaCH will provide the following:
- Access to key documents for review including proposal, strategic plan, workplan, terms of reference, communications engagement strategies, etc.
- Technical and logistical support for virtual meetings
- If required, translation between French to English for documents
All costs and fees must be clearly described in each proposal. If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in the proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work and applicable taxes. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
5. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
CanWaCH will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposals, your proposal should be complete and include all the following criteria:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner;
- Organizational and Individual Experience:
- Applicants will be evaluated on their organizational experience as it pertains to the scope of this project;
- Applicants will also be evaluated based on descriptions and documentation of staff expertise and experience;
- Previous work: Applicants will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to the delivery of GBA+ reports and/or plans, as well as client testimonials and references;
- Value and cost: Applicants will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project;
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants familiar with the work of the Equal Futures Network, please indicate in your application your knowledge and familiarity of our work.
CanWaCH is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and voluntarily self-identify in their applications. The strictest confidentiality will be maintained with all applications, to which only the recruitment committee will have access.
6. Application Deadline
6.1 All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Any proposals received after this date and time will not be considered. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
6.3 Applicants should submit their proposal to:
Director, Strategic Partnerships and Gender Equality
How to Apply:
All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Any proposals received after this date and time will not be considered. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal. Applicants should submit their proposal to: Megan Aikens Director, Strategic Partnerships and Gender Equality, at [email protected]