Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing (maternity leave cover)
(6 month contract starting February 22, 2021; Full-time; based in Toronto)
This role is responsible for overseeing UNICEF Canada’s digital footprint and performance, when it comes to acquiring new supporters and converting them into donors and advocates. The Senior Manager will oversee all search and online promotion activity and will work with teams to optimize the website and drive traffic to supporter campaigns. This role contributes to the development and ongoing management of the organizational digital strategy to drive income and engage UNICEF Canada supporters through the use of digital channels, including mobile platforms. The Senior Manager also manages all email communications to supporters and works with the Fundraising teams on email communications to donors and advising program leads on opportunities for greater performance.
The responsibilities of the position will include (but not limited to):
Digital Engagement, Acquisition and Conversion to Supporters (30%)
- Develop and execute strategies to drive digital results to support UNICEF Canada’s overall goals including fundraising, advocacy and volunteering by: 1) Attracting supporters through Digital advertising, SEM, SEO and Google Grants; 2) Driving conversions for donors, advocates and volunteers through Ongoing improvements to User Experience, Optimized conversion journeys and providing best practices and guidance to content developers to drive engagement and conversion, and; 3) Ongoing improvement through: Test/Learn, Analyzing performance, Implementing insight-driven changes and Budget tracking and expense management in order to deliver highest ROI.
Digital Insight and Analysis (30%)
- Provide actionable insight to program leads on the performance of digital campaigns and activity.
- Co-ordinate and align digital insight with UNICEF Canada’s overall insight strategy and approach.
- Manage tracking process for advertising and website analytics.
- Monitor, analyze and report on website performance and digital advertising results.
- Present findings on program performance, highlights and risks.
- Monitor results, complete analysis and produce reports for ongoing strategic development of the program.
Strategic Planning (20%)
- Work with the Director, Marketing and digital stakeholders to develop and maintain the digital strategic plan, budget and contact strategy.
- Ensure alignment of digital strategies with organizational priorities and key programs.
- Develop digital lead generation and remarketing strategies.
- Understand and apply industry best practices in digital marketing tactics.
- Provide quarterly business review execution including in-year program adjustments.
Stewarding existing supporters by email (10%)
- Oversee the development and management of the ongoing email marketing calendar to support defined supporter journeys.
- Provide best practices and guidance to email content developers to drive response rates and actions.
- Co-ordinate the execution of the email marketing calendar with the Business Solutions team.
- Ongoing improvement through: Test/Learn, Analyzing performance and Implementing insight-driven changes.
People Management (10%)
- Develop effective, motivated staff to achieve common goals with clearly defined accountabilities which are aligned with the overall strategy.
- Conduct individual and departmental annual goal setting, planning, and performance reviews as established by people management processes.
- Anticipate the long term implications/risk of decisions and plan for contingencies, anticipating obstacles and roadblocks.
- Ensure integrity with the mission and values in all people-related activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree, college diploma or equivalent work experience in marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant work experience in interactive marketing and/or media, digital advertising, communications, fundraising, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding of keyword search, internet metrics, analysis, and ad delivery processes.
- Paid media planning and buying experience on major websites or networks with banner and SEM.
- Strong relationship management skills to build effective relationships with colleagues and agency partners.
- Digital agency experience (an asset).
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking.
- Proven organizational skills, project management and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver clear and persuasive presentations.
- The ability to work effectively independently and as a team, including cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of and an interest in the work and mission of UNICEF Canada.
Salary range: $75,000 to $85,000 per year.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 14, 2021. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Senior Manager, Digital Marketing” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.