Do you have a passion for donor experience, engagement, and stewardship? Does strategizing, mapping, and growing an organizational stewardship program excite and inspire you to do your best work? Do you strive to exceed expectations every day in every way? If this is you, read on! Operation Smile Canada is seeking a strategic, yet practical Senior Manager, Stewardship & Donor Experience to join our dynamic team and help us achieve our strategic goals.
Do you have a passion for donor experience, engagement, and stewardship? Does strategizing, mapping, and growing an organizational stewardship program excite and inspire you to do your best work? Do you strive to exceed expectations every day in every way? If this is you, read on!
Operation Smile Canada is seeking a strategic, yet practical Senior Manager, Stewardship & Donor Experience to join our dynamic team and help us achieve our strategic goals.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced working environment where you juggle dozens of balls in the air, all at the same time, while providing a very high level of service and accuracy.
You love putting smiles on people’s faces and are a master at anticipating needs, solving problems, and delivering results. You do whatever it takes to get the job done and do it very well. Making a positive impact and ensuring our donor partners are connected to the work they make possible means more to you than punching the clock.
We are a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free surgery to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial differences for children and young adults. Active in over 60 countries around the world, we exist to make sure everyone gets the safe corrective surgery and complete care they need (through our comprehensive care centres) wherever they live in the world.
Through our medical and education programs around the world and guided by our Medical Global Standards, we are at the forefront of enabling local communities in low- and middle-income countries to provide safe surgery because we believe access to safe surgery is a basic right.
Operation Smile Canada is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a qualified workforce. By valuing diversity, OSCF commits to hiring practices that are fair, equitable and accessible and will always hire the most qualified candidate for a position. We will ensure the search and hiring process is fair and impartial, so the appropriate qualifications of each candidate are the only criteria upon which a hiring decision is made. For more information, check us out at: www.operationsmile.ca.
The Senior Manager, Stewardship & Donor Experience contributes their subject matter expertise, real-world knowledge, and inclusive practices to build our organization’s stewardship model and ensure that all staff/departments/partners are aware of, aligned with, and consistent in the application of donor stewardship and donor experience practices.
This role is integral to the Foundation’s ability to maintain and enhance our donor retention and donor and revenue growth goals and to ultimately inspire people to engage, share and give through our exceptional donor care – online and offline. The incumbent anticipates, plans for, and implements stewardship tools and resources that maximizes donor satisfaction and engagement and further enhances our organizational brand and reputation. This position ensures organizational support for Brand, Communications, Development, Philanthropy, Community Engagement and Donor Care teams, to help us achieve our ambitious donor satisfaction and organizational fundraising goals.
The successful candidate knows, understands, and supports donor acknowledgement, donor experience and donor stewardship touchpoints across the organization. This position works very closely with all Department leads and staff to document the current donor journey across all channels and the existing stewardship and donor journey touchpoints once a gift is made. Leading by example, you ensure that each donor interaction provides exceptional donor care, from the first call, email or thank you through the entire donor journey, equipping your colleagues with the tools to exceed donor expectations every day in every way. Working in collaboration with department leads, you ensure specific, effective, and timely gift and general donor stewardship and engagement is created and consistently applied across the organization. Strong writing skills and the ability to proactively edit, update and keep current all standard donor relations touchpoints are essential to ensure updated impact information is consistently provided to all donors, leading to strong engagement and donor retention.
YOUR KEY FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Document current donor journey and touchpoints for all Operation Smile Canada donors, across all channels.
• Develop, maintain, update, and enhance the current engagement and stewardship touchpoints, in collaboration with other departments, to meet their needs while ensuring alignment with overall organizational strategy and plans.
• Organize the daily cycle of thank you calls, emails, and other touchpoints.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Donor Care team, including scheduling and call escalation.
• Coach, train, mentor and monitor the activities of the Donor Care Team to ensure donor experience and stewardship is consistent and best in class.
• Prepare pledge reminder and thank you/acknowledgement letters for identified donor audiences.
• Work in collaboration with the data integrity and insights team to ensure all data is appropriately and accurately captured, transferred, and recorded in the database so stewardship and engagement can be properly monitored and managed.
• In collaboration with Brand Marketing and Program Teams, design, develop and execute new and improved donor stewardship and engagement materials and ensure their acceptance and use across the organization.
• Proactively update all standard donor communication pieces, letters, receipts, acknowledgements, pledge reminder letters, etc. to ensure they are refreshed, up-to-date and display appropriate stewardship and engagement for the respective donor audiences; this could be monthly, quarterly, or annually as appropriate.
• Maintain knowledge of industry practices and trends in stewardship, reporting and donor engagement to support best in class donor satisfaction, engagement and giving.
• Other duties as required.
YOUR SKILLS AND TRAITS
Aside from always smiling, you are an enthusiastic team-player who is very comfortable with technology and has strong working knowledge of stewardship and donor experience best practices. You have demonstrated experience in donor journey mapping and development, excellent impact and report writing skills, and a strong history of excellent donor relations and stewardship activities in the nonprofit/charitable sector.
You have experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced fundraising (or agency) environment and can set priorities, multi-task, and manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders and tight timelines. You are highly oriented towards customer service and donor care. You work collaboratively with both internal and external teams and build trusting relationships. Finally, you are a “quick study” and the kind of person who works equally well as part of a team and independently. You have previously managed a small team or have the required skills to lead and manage a small team.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Direct experience working in a role that encompasses donor journey (onboarding, stewardship, and gift impact reporting), donor experience and/or donor stewardship activities at a strategic and tactical level.
• Prior staff management experience, minimum 2 – 3 years, is important for your success.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience to Operation Smile Canada donor partners.
• Strong verbal and written skills in the English language, French skills desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of donor impact measures and ability to communicate them effectively.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Ability to think critically and make well-informed, timely decisions.
• Effective and collaborative team player; shares information freely.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, multi-task and delegate.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adjust strategic approaches as required.
• Experience working with Raisers Edge (NXT) preferred.
• CFRE designation or working towards designation is preferred.
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, international development, business or fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
• We wake up each day knowing there are children born every three minutes with a cleft condition somewhere in the world. As a team focused on a global strategy to ensure every child who need surgery and care is never left behind, we set smart goals and work hard each day to achieve them so we can deliver greater impact (and smiles) to children, families, and the communities we serve.
• We aspire to be a learning organization that values each other and our collective abilities to meet and exceed expectations in everything we do.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• This is a full-time, permanent position
• The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $75,000, including paid vacation time
• A highly competitive benefits package including an RRSP matching program
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter in one document to:
[email protected]. Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title:
Senior Manager, Stewardship & Donor Experience
Address your cover letter to:
National Director, Total Quality Innovation
Operation Smile Canada
August 17, 2021
Operation Smile Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Operation Smile Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling – a child is counting on it!
août 6, 2021
Partager cette publication: